2 - The Overworld

Apparently it was literally called 'Long Island'.

And after going up and down said 'Long Island' because she fought with Nico claiming she was fine on her own, Celeste just called a spirit to help find the camp in the middle of the woods. Cute how Hades just thought it was fine to throw a kid out of the Underworld and chuck them on an island in America alone with no directions. She walked in, unimpressed at how the ends of her silk trousers were getting muddy, even with platform shoes on. In hindsight, when they said 'camp' it was unknown as to what part of her thought such fabric would be a good idea. Just a little further down the path she landed in the middle of a battlefield with a bunch of people fighting. How inconvenient. Though evading any contact with either people or swords, the chaos continued all around. In the clearing there was a massive stack of wooden crates and random planks. In the distance, arrows were piercing the skies. A large house about half the size of the guest house in the Underworld. Seemed like a good place to start, at least.

"It's about time you showed up. My name is Mr D - I know we will get along well. Normally kids are sent to camp the moment they do something to show their powers or are attacked, you know, for their own safety, but I suppose nothing says father-daughter bonding than watching the souls of the dead be tortured, am I right?" The man began roaring with laughter at his own joke, "Sorry kid, I may be a bit rusty but it's just that Zeus has sent me here as a punishment - you know the worst part? There's no wine! It's awful, I have no idea what to do with myself..."
"Well then, its nice to meet you, Dionysos."
"Witty one are you? If you see a Percy around don't hesitate to give him a bit of a push and shove - don't tell anyone I said that."
"Thank you Mr D," she boasted, ever so proud of herself, "I did Latin and Greek at home."
"Yes that's nice, child," he patted her on the shoulder with his crusty hand as the door slammed open with a crash against the wall.
"Celeste! So good to have you here!"
"Hello Mr Centaur man."
"Please, call me Chiron. Now, since you have not yet been officially claimed you'll be staying in cabin 11 of Hermes." She raised an eyebrow and made a disgusted face as he continued, "I'll find you someone to help you look around."
"But Nico is literally my brother! Why can't I stay with him? I know whose kid I am!" She protested.
"Its just protocol dear..."

As he led her out of the cabin, a kid who was messing about bumped into her.
"Oh hey, sorry girl I didn't see you there. Percy, son of Poseidon, nice to meet you," he extended a hand to shake, "if you need me you can find me in Cabin 3, you know, since my father is Poseidon and I'm the oldest child of one of the Big Three so its quite nice up there. Another strange guy is around sometimes too but he's in Hades. If I put in a good word for you, you could come and visit. Sometimes I throw parties for everyone."
"I'll be sure to bear that in mind, Perseus." How jarring. A demi-god named after a famous demi-god. Can't even make a name for himself. Why he thought to invite a girl four years younger than him to a party was also beyond her.

A set of twins with friendly grins approached her, saving Celeste from conversation with the man, "Welcome. Normally newcomers look more lost than you do, been dealing with this for a long time? I'm Castor, by the way." He was cute, with curly short blonde hair. His figure was not athletic, per say, but healthy.
"Pollux," came from twin number two. She concluded that they were lovely and it would be best to stay with them rather than some of the other brutes in this camp. They were kids of Dionysos, too. Useful. Friendly. Know how to have a good time without being obnoxious. They paced on ahead, leading their new friend to dinner, and with their sorry violet eyes leaving her at the table with Cabin Eleven. At least Percy sat on his own, that much was satisfying.

Following dinner with everyone around the campfire, she waited in the shadows for Castor and Pollux.
"Hey new girl!" the fish kid called from across the fire, "you look lonely so come make some friends, I'll introduce you to whoever you like!"
Feeling smug, she pointedly retorted, "Oh no you'll find that I'm okay thank you, I'm waiting for people, but thank you for the offer. My brother Nico has already told me about the people here."
Pleading internally for her father to claim her as the least he could do for throwing her in here, a deep red glowing symbol appeared above her head, the symbol of Hades.