𝟐𝟓 → 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆

Chapter 25

Chapter 25

❝Healing❞

Eventually, after giving yourself a pep talk, you made it to Atsumu's. The nerves that you felt when coming were the same as when you had told them about the kids. Then, with your heart racing, you knocked on Atsumu's door.

The door opened to show a disheveled Atsumu with a smile on his face, 

"Hey Atsumu," you said with a small smile on your face.

Atsumu's face started to slightly turn red as he replied,

"Hey babe, come in," Atsumu said.

He opened the door further and you entered his home. It smelled of a homecooked meal while the place itself was slightly warm. 

"Thanks," you said. 

It was quiet between you two for a minute until Atsumu spoke up again; 

"The kids are just washing their hands, dinner's made," Atsumu said.

You gave him a look and teasingly said,

"You did not make dinner," you said.

Atsumu started to laugh and then rubbed the back of his head. 

"Not really, Osamu's here too," Atsumu said sheepishly.

You suddenly got a large smile on your face, and that made Atsumu wonder what you could be so happy about.

"That's great, the kids love him!" you exclaimed.

You clapped your hands once and Atsumu sighed to himself. He then said,

"Yeah, yeah, everyone loves 'Samu," Atsumu replied while rolling his eyes.

"Eh, he cooks good food," you said with a shrug.

After you had said that you saw Osamu leave Atsumu's kitchen, a mockingly hurt look on his face.

"Wow, that hurts Y/N," Osamu said coming out of the kitchen.

You rushed to him and hugged him.

"Hey Osamu," you said as you gave him a hug.

"Hey," Osamu replied while hugging you back.

While the hug had lasted only a second, it made Atsumu clap his hands, forcing the two of you away from each other.

"Okay, let's have dinner," Atsumu said, slightly glaring at his brother, a glare you did not notice.

"Yeah sure, Akari! Akio! Come down for dinner," you said.

The kids rushed downstairs and the five of you sat down for dinner. While it was quiet for a moment, suddenly you asked the kids.

"How was your day kids?" you asked.

That spurred a lengthy conversation, and the table filled with smiles and laughter. You were healing, and maybe you had already healed without knowing it.

-

It was now after dinner, Osamu had left and the kids were too tired to go home. 

"Well, they're passed out," you said.

"They had 'Samu's cooking, of course they are," Atsumu said while laughing to himself.

The two of you laughed for a bit until it got quiet. The silence was awkward, and then you said,

"I'll just head out then," you said, pointing at the door.

You started to move to the door but stopped when Atsumu spoke.

"Actually, stay here and spend the night," Atsumu replied almost immediately. 

"What? You gotta be joking" you said back.

"Nope, no jokes, I'll sleep on the couch if you want me to," Atsumu replied back.

You thought about it for a moment, was this a good idea? You knew that you were going to be okay with staying, you just didn't know what would happen if you did stay. But in the end, you just said,

"Okay, fine, for the kids," you said with a sign.

"Yes, for the kids," Atsumu said with a smirk on his face.

You went to his room and lay on his bed. You were lost thought and then kept thinking about Atsumu. It seemed that your mind went to him right when you didn't want it to. Then you made a reckless decision.

"Atsumu?" you asked.

"Yeah, babe?" Atsumu said, still lying on the couch and looking up.

"Just come and sleep in bed with me, I'm sure that couch isn't comfortable," you said quietly.

Atsumu sat up and looked at you with a surprised face.

"Are you okay with that?" Atsumu asked.

"Yeah, but there'll be a strict pillow wall, and no touching me," you said sternly.

"Whatever you want babe," Atsumu said with a smile on his face.

"Okay good," you said back with a smile.

The two of you went to his room and lay together. That's when the intrusive thoughts and the silence from before came back. Then, just as you were getting ready to sleep, Atsumu spoke, 

"Do you think we'll ever be okay?" Atsumu asked.

"I'm not so sure anymore Atsumu," you sighed.

"Well, why don't we give ourselves one more chance?" he said as he laid on his side to see you.

"What?" you said with a laugh.

You turned your head to face him and looked at him. He looked incredibly serious and said,

"I mean you're single, I'm single, we have two kids, let's just try and see where this goes," Atsumu said with a shrug.

"Are you sure about this?" you asked.

The two of you moved closer together, the previously mentioned wall of pillows forgotten. 

"100 percent, never been sure of anything else in my life as much as this," he said back.

Then, just as he said that you kissed him. The kiss was soft and intimate, you knew that you might be setting yourself up for heartbreak again, but in that moment you did not care anymore.

"Okay, let's try this out I guess," you said, wondering if you were making the right decision or not.

--

and that's the end of the story, all that's left is the epilogue!

Thank you for over 700K views and over 26K votes! It means so much to me that everyone's so happy with the recent update!

I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter! <3