Chapter 19

A/N: I'm changing Yn to Daya

Daya Pov

As I woke up I was encountered to the smell of bacon and eggs. I heard snoring next to me and saw Chres. I smiled faintly and walked to the bathroom to handle my business. When I got finish Roc was still asleep. I shrugged my shoulders and walked downstairs. I greeted my grandma and sat on the living room couch and turned on the tv to watch reruns of Fresh prince of bel air. I laughed at how Will and Carlton had their little argument.

"Breakfast ready" my grandma said. I smiled and sniffed the sensual smell. I walked back upstairs to wake Roc up. I walked on his side of the bed and just stared at him sleep. He's so beautiful and cute when he's sleeping. I shook him lightly as his eyes starts to flutter open. He smiles once he saw me.

"Hey baby" he said stretching his arms getting out of bed to wrap his arms around my waist, holding my closely to him.

"Hi baby Good Morning" I said caressing his cheeks and kisses them softly. "Grandma made breakfast get freshen up and come down" I added on as I slowly got out his arms to go downstairs to eat.

Chresanto Pov

As Daya and I approached the school we both turned our heads as we heard a bunch of yelling and screaming going on beside the school.

"Baby what's going on?" Daya said holding on to me as we continued to stare into the commotion going on.

"I don't know but let's leave it, we gotta get to class" I said kissing her forehead and leading into the school. As the day goes on there was this new girl and I kind of find her attractive. I think her name was Catlyn but it was foreign. I started to think about Daya and how we've gone through so much and for me to have these thoughts about a new girl isn't right.

Daya Pov

"So I think if we collect the straws and put tape around them, with the CDs, we have our wheels. Mrs. Brewer got us doing a project on building our own cars with home tools and...it's not going so great.

"No no, how about we put tape on where the hole is on the Cd and put the straws there?" Ray said as he looked at me for confirmation. I shrugged and chuckle a little.

"I have no idea Ray, let's see how this goes huh?"I giggled and hit his shoulder playfully. Yes, he's my partner on this project and we cleared everything up and to be honest, he's really a cool and funny person if you get to know him.

"Haha I told you it'll work" he said happily and gave me a high five. I smiled then nodded and continued on my part of the project.

"Hey Daya?" Ray said causing my attention from my computer to look up at you out of curiosity. He began to stare at me with sorrow in his eyes and I can tell where he was going at. I held my hand up to stop him.

"It's okay Ray, that was Freshman year we're Jumiors now okay I forgive you"I said. He breathed out as relief left his body and nodded to get back to work.

Richard Pov

"What the hell do you mean you can't get to him Desiree?" I yelled as I made her flinch from my voice.

"I'm sorry Richard okay I tried everything I could do and there's nothing, he won't budge I'm sorry" she began to cry silently to herself as I sighed rubbing my head.

"In order to get Daya YOU have to get that boy to catch those feelings back to YOU. Do you hear me?" I yelled again hitting my fist on the table causing her to flinch and nod fast.

"Now get the fuck out of my face" I said leaning back in my chair as she ran out of my room.

Christian Pov

"You sure you know what you doing?" I asked Brandon, a friend of mines.

"Yea man, I know what I'm doing" he said drilling the wall back together as we placed some weed in Daya's room to stash it.

"Ight thanks mane" I said dabbing him as he left the house. I picked up my phone to call Richard to tell the news but he didn't answered. I looked down at my phone and shrugged and laid in bed listening to my music.

Ray Pov

I walked back home as a scent of peach cobbler and soul food embraced my nose. I smiled at the smell as I drop my bags at the door and walk into the kitchen to see all of my family as they shout 'Happy Birthday!'. I smiled and nodded fanning everywhere to calm down.

"Thanks y'all a nice way to come home from a crappy day of school" I joked as some of my cousins laughed with me. I grabbed a plate to fix my food as my mom grab my plate and grabbed my arm pulling me out the kitchen into one of the guests rooms. I looked at her in confusion as to what she was doing

"Did you talk to Daya today?" She asked as she stared at me waiting on my response. I rolled my eyes as this was the 100th time she asked me that question and the same answer was gonna be 'yes'.

"Yes mama I talked to her. She said she's good and that we're cool now." I nodded away as she did the same and walked out the room as I followed behind her. I just wished everyone would stop judging me on what I did to get during freshmen year. We're juniors and we've moved on from that. I'm actually trying to be on her good side and get Richard away from her as far as possible.

Chresanto Pov

"So I heard...that you and Ray two faced ass were 'cool'?" I asked Daya as I watched her do her hair. She signed and ignored me continuing on with her hair.

"I know you hear me baby" I said getting in front of her as I block the mirror. She groaned as she looked up at me as I raised my eyebrows waiting on her answer.

"Baby...me and Ray are cool okay. He's changed, I know he did and he's not even a bad guy he was just going overboard before" she said looking up at me frowning. I shrugged then scoffed.

" I could really give two shits about that. You shouldn't trust him and let him on your good side so fast D. I'm just looking out for you" I reassured as I went downstairs to think my thoughts through. That was a joke to me on what she said about Ray. She had to be kidding me? Right? I took out the piece of paper in my pocket and read the digits from the new girl as I sighed starring at it and putting it back in my pocket.

"Cataléya" I mumbled lowly as I drunk my glass of water starring into space.

Hey guys I'm back as you can see. ☺️ I hope you guys still have the energy enough to read my stories again and I apologize for the long wait on this book but there are updates coming. Look out for them. 💕