Chapter XIV: The First Farewell (Part 1 Finale)

Blake stared down the barrel of his gun at the vampire magic beast before him. It had been injured before he'd gotten there, Luke as well as whoever he was trying to save had put up one hell of a fight.

The bloody stump where the vampire's arm had once been slowly begun to regenerate its muscle and bone, however, the vampire still covered it with his non-blown-off arm.

Suddenly the vampire dashed to the side, darting towards the nearest window. The next second Blake turned the barrel of his gun and fired.

As the vampire ran, a magical shotgun slug blasted through the back of its knee.

The vampire fell and skidded to a half at the base of the window as its leg slowly began to regenerate.

"You acted all high and mighty a moment ago, where'd that all go?" Blake asked as he stepped forward and aimed his gun at the vampire.

The vampire screeched as it quickly waved its hand upward it pulsed with crimson magic, sending several blades of blood toward Black.

Black held up his free arm towards his face to protect it as he braced against the oncoming blades. As they impacted his armored suit the blades quickly parted and faded away.

The blade's hand formed deep cuts into Blake's armor, however, none had gotten deep enough to cut through.

Blake lowers his arm just in time to see the vampire dematerialize into a swarm of bats and begin flooding out the window.

Blake simply sighed as he approached to peer out the window as the swarm of bats began to fly away.

"You guys are good here, right?" Blake called back to Luke as his shotgun began to morph. The plates of the gun shifted and elongated, moving to form a different shape, a gun, with a long barrel and stock, with a thick scope attached to its top. Luke quickly gave Blake a nod as the S-ranked hunter set the sniper onto his shoulder. "Good to hear."

Blake focused his shot to the center of the mass of creatures of the night, before pulling the trigger.

The bullet flew just as Blake had envisioned. While the bullet didn't hit any of the bats, it began to spark and crack with energy as it approached the swarm before exploding, engulfing all of the flying creatures in the radius.

The now injured bats quickly converged and morphed back into the vampire who now began falling from the sky. Almost half of his torso now lacked an outer layer of skin, revealing the dense muscle beneath.

Suddenly Blake leaped from the shattered window as his mechanical boots began to pulse. Suddenly a burst of force thrust from his boots bit by bit, propelling him up with each burst, as if he were running across air itself.

The vampire fell atop the roof of a building with a groan. While a fall even double the height would have hardly phased the undead, it was far weaker than it had been when this whole 'raid' had started. The vampire cursed itself under its breath as it began to rise to its feet, its leg having finally grown back to working condition.

"I always thought vampires were supposed to burn up in sunlight," Blake mumbled as he landed on the roof only a few yards from the injured undead. His sniper began to shift once again as it morphed back into the hunter's sawed-off.

The vampire snarled. "We warriors of blood have no such weaknesses."

Blake raised a brow. He just sighed. "I can never understand these things. It's all just screams and snarls" He mumbled before aiming his weapon.

The vampire quickly dived to the side as a shotgun slug hurled past his head. The vampire quickly turned and thrust his arm upward as a large blade of bloodshot forward.