1

"Tell me Kazuha, who do you want to be with when you grow up? You can be with a male... Or female."
I was not so serious when I said those words and I smiled at him.
"A male?..."
He looked up to me with those wide, innocent eyes and blinked a few times. That pure, innocent mind of his was too young to understand this, yet I dared to ask him this question.
"Yes Kazuha, we call this nanshoku, you can be with a male."
And he nodded, he smiled widely at me, holding my hand tighter while we walk around shiro walls.
"I can marry a boy then... Then I want to marry you Tomo-chan!"
When he said that... I actually thought he was joking.

"Kazuha-chan, wake up."
I said to boy who was laying beside me. Whenever I tried to separate the futons we're sleeping on, he was always crawling beside me again. Even though I don't have any intention of being with him right now, that cute gesture of his always made me happy. Feeling his small, warm body beside me, sometimes in my arms... It always made harder for me to hold myself back against him.
When he wake up, he nuzzled his head into my chest... I felt so flustered and get up immediately.
"Kazuha-chan... We're late. We should eat quickly, then I'll help you with your training, okay?"
Helping his training... I never thought a fragile and naive child like Kazuha would be fit to be a warrior. But this is the thing shogun wanted, and I would never disobey his orders. So I must do my job as good as I can, I should teach Kazuha, so when I'm not with him, he can protect himself in a possible war, or any dangerous situation.
"Thank you Tomo-chan... The meal is delicious!"
"You're welcome, Kazuha."
He hugged me, while I get up and wash the dishes.
"Tomo-chan, your hands are so big..."
He said, smiling at me.
"You're going to grow up too."
"You're always saying this but i didn't grow up a centimeter..."
"It's just that... It's not your time yet. You're going to grow up."
I smiled at him, placing his hands into mine.
"I want to grow up as fast as I can... I can't even carry a sword properly..."
I smiled at him, rubbing his little hands.
"You're going to grow up. I promise."
I looked down to his face.
"Even if you don't, I'm always here to protect you. You're my dearest companion."
I said. Sounding confident as possible. I was serious. I mean that...
Yet he never told me he needed
help. He just looked down and blinked.
"Let's go now. We're already late enough, it's so beneath us."

"Haah... Tomo-chan... You're going too fast!"
"You have to get used to it Kazuha-chan, no one is going to have mercy in a possible war."
I said, though I wasn't sure about it, Kazuha had a such beautiful, cute gaze and innocent, angelic look, I would probably have mercy for him.
"But I can't! I can't lift the sword!"
"You're going to get stronger Kazuha. Just keep on doing it."
I said, putting my sword back on it's sheath and placing a hand on his shoulder.
"I believe in you."
He just looked at me for a couple of seconds. His eyes are wide and full of unknown emotions.
"Okay Tomo-chan. I'm going to keep on..."
"Excellent."
I sit down on a rock. Watching him as he keeps practicing. I felt like i was torturing a small animal, yet i didn't say anything about it. He was looking determined.
"Maybe it's best for him to built confidence and determination."
I thought, watching my small Kazuha lifting up the sword and practicing every movement on his own, I get up and draw own sword.
"Kazuha, you need to hit stronger... You can't just knock someone off with a few deep cuts. Do it like that..."
I back off, lifting up my sword and and show him how to do it properly, with fast and quick movements, the sword made sounds of air.
He looked down, I felt bad as I look at him, he looked so apologizing... I didn't mean to hurt him, but thats what I have to do. He should be strong and brave like a man. A little hurt is good for him to get used to these type of things, he should get hurt, so he can improve himself.
"My body hurts Tomo-chan..."
He said, as I looked down to him with a confused expression. What did he meant? Was he sick? I didn't understand it...
But it was his first cry for help, I didn't hear it.
"Are you sick, Kazuha? What's wrong? Are you injured?"
I said, kneeling down.
"Open your clothes, let me take a look."
"No!"
He hugged to his clothes.
"Alright, alright, I'm not going to do anything. Can you keep on your training?"
"Yes Tomo-chan..."
I smiled, despite his small body and limited abilities, he was going to keep on. And that's why I think Kazuha was so much more special. As a older one from clan approached us. After bowing our heads with respect, he looked at Kazuha.
"Kazuha, why are you hitting so slow? You got to move fast or your head falls on to floor in an instant."
He said.
"Im sorry... I will do better."
"Good, Tomo, you're helping him, right?"
"Yes, as good as I can."
He shook his head, looking at Kazuha with corner of his eyes.
"Yes, Tomo-chan helps me..."
He sigh.
"Kazuha, how many times I have to say? Don't call him Tomo-chan, it's beneath him."
I see Kazuha is looking down on floor, I hold his shoulder and smile.
"That's alright, it doesn't offend me. Kazuha is not a disrespectful child."
"But if he keeps saying this it will become a habit. If he accidentally calls his masters '-chan', That would be a disrespectful and embarrassing. This boy is precious, I personally don't want to see his head off."
He was looking dead serious, I can sense the fear of innocent child beside me.
"He'll be fine, he is a smart boy, right Kazuha?"
I say, kneeling down beside him.
"Yes."
He rolled his eyes up, keeping his head down, he tried to look our faces. I felt his slight trembles as I touch him.
"Very good then. I wish you two good work."
As the man leaves, Kazuha looked up to me with his wide, watery eyes. This boy was so innocent and cute... Girly, almost.
"Don't cry here Kazuha. Your older ones are here. Crying is not for men."
For men... Maybe it was his bad luck to be born a man. He was so unlike his peers, not so brave, not strong, even his body was small. He had an attractive female aura, but he was a boy, that was clear as day, maybe not manly, but a beautiful, innocent boy, unlike a samurai, he was more like... A chigo.
As our swords move, i looked blankly to his face, so determinated...

"You worked well today Kazuha."
I said, as I holds his pinky finger with mine, leading him to our room.
"Go take new clothes and take a bath. You're going to visit your mother tomorrow. Smelling sweaty would be disrespectful and unworthy."
"Okay Tomo-chan..."
He said, frowned sadly and looked down as I mentioned his mother, he took his clothes and he go to bath. I sighed.
"He is going to take a bath... Kazuha... Always decorated my wildest dreams... That untouched body of his..."
I looked down, my hand is at my chin as I shook my head, angry to myself.
"I'm 9 years older than him... But still, his body is undeveloped for these things."
I looked up, I go to bath and standing front of the door, look at him in the corner of the door.
"This boy must be divine."
I watched him as he slowly unties his hair and gets into water. He is so small and pure... A innocent and pure boy... He is just so beautiful... His hair is so cute even when it's side-tied and messy, his fluffy white hair and the red tuft of hair at the side of his head... His face is so innocent and his lips are pinkish red. His body is small and delicate, looks so vulnerable. He is almost like a pure, untouched angel... This cuteness and beauty must be a divine blessing... His skin is so white and smooth, like he took milk baths every day... And his voice is the most pure, innocent and soft young boy voice... A beautiful voice... And his eyes... His eyes are the deepest shade of red, a blood red, vibrant crimson colour, like a sunset... The most beautiful eyes ever... This boy always decorated my wildest dreams. I take a deep breath and leave there, my mind is full of wild dreams and scenarios. As I get into kitchen, I quickly take off my tantō, made a deep cut under my calves to end this daring, dirtying feeling against Kazuha's pureness. Pain helped me get back to reality. I take another deep breath and close my eyes, letting the dirty thoughts leak out with blood. After clearing my mind completely, I get to clear the floor and after that, I washed my hands, put the tanto in it's sheath after clearing it, and get into cooking. After I cooked rice, Kazuha came in his beautiful, white yukata.
"Tomo-chan... Thank you... You're cooking for me..."
"You're welcome Kazuha., I'll happily do it for you."
Kazuha smiled, hugging to my waist.
"Thank you Tomo-chan..."
I looked down, smiling at him. I was feeling guilty. This boy was too precious...
"It's okay. Now lets eat."