3

I walked up the same road tomorrow, going to get Kazuha. I looked up to the sky, it was cloudy and I was sure it was going to start raining. As I fastened my steps, I could stop thinking about Kazuha. Without any reason, I was dependent on his small hands cleaning me by their touch. My angel, he was so pure, so innocent and small, not knowing anything about the evil and brutality of the world. I wished that he could stay like this forever, but he was growing up... He was going to learn more and more about these things. But in the back of my heart, I wish his mind could stay as a small, innocent child's mind. He was so beautiful and innocent, like he was blessed by a god. I was sure that his beauty would attract a lot of girls and maybe boys... It was already attaching me to him. When his soft, naive hands touch my skin, I was feeling blessed and purified, like I just started my life... He was so cute... So adorable...

I sigh as I get my thoughts up together, cleared my throat and fixed my posture as I knocked on the door. The door gently opened and I see Kazuha with the servant from yesterday, he was looking sad. Maybe he wasn't wanting to leave his mother. I bowed down and I take Kazuha's hand, he wore his waraji and looked down.
"Thank you so much for taking care of Kazuha. Give my thanks to his mother."
I said smiling.
"It's our pleasure."
The woman smiled as I took Kazuha to the home. As soon as the door closed, he got under my arms and he started to rub his head against me, hugged me tight around my waist while keeping his sad and cute expression.
"Whats with all that affection Kazuha?"
"I missed you..."
He hide his face into my clothes. He was being so adorable that I thought he was doing it on purpose.
"You missed me?"
"Yes..."
He missed me? Did he think about me more than his mother? I was that important to him? That was unexpected, I was sure that Kazuha will miss me, but his face was looking like he is about to cry. I hugged him and rubbed his back.
"I miss you too Kazuha."
He looked up to me with those big, bright red eyes, his eyes were still watery but I felt like this was an emotional moment, and I didn't talk about it.
"Let's go now, We should hurry up or else we'll get caught to rain."
"Okay Tomo-chan..."
He said, he kept hugging me. I look at his cute, white face, it seemed like he was hurting because of something.
"Are you okay Kazuha?"
"I'm okay... It's just that... I sprained my ankle..."
He said with a breathy voice, he was looking so tired and it break my heart to see him unhealthy like that.
"Sit down Kazuha... Let me take a look."
"No need Tomo-chan... I can walk."
"Sit down, you're going to make it worse."
He stopped and nodded, he sat down on a rock as I hold his feet, I gently shake my head and take off his waraji, taking a look at his ankle. It was surely sprained, and a little swollen. I pressed on the swollen place gently.
"Tomo-chan... That hurts me..."
"It's okay..."
I stopped playing with it. Looked up to Kazuha.
"You shouldn't move it so much... Let me carry you."
"No... I can walk..."
He averted his eyes to side, I knew that he didn't wanted to get me tired but he was not so heavyweight anyways. I take a piece of my cloth and wrapped up his ankle with some sticks to make him stop moving, I take him to my arms.
"Road is not too long anyway."
He looked down at his feet as I walk, leaning his head to me without saying a word. His innocent looking eyes closing slowly... I was happy while I carry him, it made me feel pure and cleaned holding this kind of beauty and innocence in my arms. I felt a drop of rain on my cheeks, as I got faster. The last thing I want was making him wet and uncomfortable in rain. His little fingers was holding onto my clothes... He was just too much cute...
"I need to get a hold of myself. He is not a small kid, he is a man..."
I hummed to myself, opening the door, taking off my waraji immediately and the first thing I do was placing Kazuha on his futon. I pressed my lips against his forehead and measured his body temperature just in case. He was probably too tired and the best thing I could do is nothing but prepare some food and tea for him. After some time passed, I go back with his food.
"Kazuha, Kazuha look at me..."
I sigh, getting his beautiful hair out of his eyes.
"Tomo-chan..."
"Yes, it's me. You have to wake up, I brought your food."
"I don't want to eat... I don't have appetite right now..."
"Please Kazuha... Try it for me."
He sigh, nodded and took the rice bowl, he chewed the rice slowly, when he finally swallowed, i give him some fish.
"You have to eat some fish too Kazuha."
"Okay..."
He said, as taking some fish from the plate and eating slowly, after 3 slices of fish, I let him stop.
"Now some salad, you ate all off this, you can eat some salad too right?"
He took the wakame salad, chewed slowly and swallowed.
"Can I go back to my sleep Tomo-chan? I have a headache..."
"Headache? Let me check you..."
I said, pressed my lips on his forehead again.
"You have a fever... Why didn't you tell me?"
"I don't know... I was sleeping."
"Can you get up? Take a cool shower, it'll help."
"Alright..."
He said, getting up slowly while he holds his head.
"Do you need help? Should I call a doctor?"
"No... No need."
He sigh and hold me, I lead him to bathroom.
"Sit down, let me help you."
"No... I can do it myself..."
He said, holding his clothes.
"Are you sure? What if you get fainted?"
"I won't lock the door... Don't worry Tomo-chan..."
He let go of my arm, I was worried. His fever was a little too much and I didn't want to lose Kazuha... After he get into bath, I immediately called someone to go get a doctor while I was here for Kazuha. After some time,  Kazuha got out from bath and I laid him down. I could understand from his expression, he was in pain. I I boiled mint, lemon balm and linden, hoping that will help with his fever.
"Kazuha, are you awake?"
I heard a groaning, he was probably awake, I left the tea on table and get some cold water and a piece of clothe, I wet the cloth and put it on his head. Why did he get sick? He was young and was feeding well, did he get cold?  But it didn't make sense, he was with his mother. I support his back, helping him sit and I helped him drink the tea. His eyes were so dim and unconscious.
"Tea... It's too hot..."
"You should drink it hot... Does it burn you?"
"No..."
"Then you can drink."
He looked down, kept taking little sips from the tea as I hold him upright. After he drank the tea, he took a deep breath and I laid him back. Changing the cloth on his head.
"Tomo-chan... Hold my hand..."
"Alright..."
I held his hand, it was cold. I rubbed his hand gently. After hours pass, his father came in with doctor.
"Kazuha, son, how are you?"
"I'm doing good."
He said, taking deep breathes as doctor aproached him.
"Can he take off his clothes?"
"I can't..."
"Kazuha, don't be a little boy, you're a man now. You can take off your clothes."
"Then can you leave? Please, I'm no used to it."
"Alright... I'm leaving."
"Tomo-chan..."
"Do you want me to leave too Kazuha?"
He nodded and I get off from room with his father. After some time, doctor and Kazuha let us come in. Kazuha's clothes were taken off and was spread over him, leaving his arms and half off his legs exposed.
"You must keep his armpits and feet cool... He should also drink lemon juice when his stomach is empty, that will help his throat and fever."
I nodded, looking at Kazuha again. My only wish was him to live. Despite keeping my expression calm, I was praying in the depths of my heart. This boy was a pure blessing, and I didn't know how to live without seeing his face, without hearing his angelic voice.
"Understood."
Doctor bowed down and get out, while I was waiting beside Kazuha, keeping him cool, he seemed to be sleeping and I was with him all night. His cheeks were flushed pink, gritting his teeth, he was humming.