Chapter 2: Aftermath

Eileen

In fall seasons, not a lot of vampires happen because of the news. However, it doesn't mean that the killings and kidnappings are secretly happening. Eileen Rockway had been an investigator for 5 years, she has been working with a few inexperienced investigators. Eileen is white woman who is a vampire. She has dirty blonde hair, emerald eyes, and has an angel wing tattoo on her back. She wears a maroon collar shirt, white pants, and maroon flats. Eileen is 5 '11, which is very tall and is not too thin, but not too thick. Viola White is a demi-human who recently graduated from a university in criminal investigation. She just got the job for a few months. Viola has light blue skin, darkened of her fingers, black fang shape like mark under her left eye, dark blue hair, and white pupil-less eyes. She always wears a white crop top that has no sleeves, a teal sweater around her waist, and black tennis shoes: something a detective shouldn't wear. She is 5 '2 and is athletic and fit from going to gyms on Thursdays and Tuesdays. Finally, Mikayla Dunces, she also graduated for criminal investigation and she was on her third week. Mikayla is dark skinned with orange eyes that was a birth defect that she got from her grandfather, she also has freckles around her nose and cheeks. Her hair was dark gray and had the vibe of a 1980's men hair but shorter. She wears mostly light color short sleeve shirts, blue jeans or light blue jeans, and different color running shoes that are mostly worn out. She is 5 '6 and she was a few pounds over, but she liked it that way. They were a team, but it was just Viola and Eileen working together to figure out that something feels off about the disappearance of mostly vampires on the same few days apart. Most of them are women and children. At the crime scene, the house looks like a mess: so much stuff was on the floor, glass broke on the floor, blood smeared on the walls, and finally there was a paper that had "we would make an example out of you." This felt as a brag and also a threat to vampires, specifically Eileen. She was one out of 4 vampires in the police system in Brooklyn. She always gets angered when she sees that message on the paper. It is probably the hunters, nonetheless they have no evidence that can prove it. But they were considered to be high suspects.

"They are doing this!" Eileen yowl. She walked back in fourth in the office, while Viola and Mikayla were watching. Eileen was started to be worried that the hunters would do something that can hurt the vampire community, which puts her in danger.

"But we don't know that," Mikayla calmly said, "it does sound like that would be a different approach. But we don't know that they are coming back; we have no evidence."

"She got a point." Viola answered, she tried not to show any worry in her voice nor face. "We have nothing on them yet. We need to look further into this before we point fingers. You know about it." Eileen let out an "ack" and ran out of the office to the outside to smoke. She had been smoking since she was 17, her father gave her a cigarette when her mother and older sister were arguing. Her mother, Candace and her older sister, Bethany were always arguing about Eileen's sexuality. Eileen came out as a lesbian, her father and Bethany supported her. Candace on the other hand, refused that her daughter was. So, Candace would bully Candace at the age of 15. One day, Bethany caught her mother bullying her little sister. She didn't want to watch the bullying, so she started arguing with her mother for being a rude parent. Her father, Drew, wasn't having it. Thus he started smoking outside of the building. Eileen would do the same whenever she was stressed, even though it was bad for her health and mindset, it doesn't matter anymore. Back to the present, she looked at the light orange and pink sky with a few clouds. Puff some smoke and brought her wrist to her face: it was 6pm. Later, she put out cigarette. Mikayla walked out and waved at Eileen. She leaves at 7pm, Mikayla only has in her house that was prominent was her dog, a rottweiler. She loved the dog like it was a child to her. She did hire a dogsitter, even so, her dog gets worried when Mikayla is gone for more that 24 hours and she was already gone for 12. So she'd left to reassure her dog, Jamie, that she is okay and safe. Viola leaves after Mikayla in 2 hours, there is nothing in her house that is important, except the bed. In the end, 30 minutes later, Eileen leaves. Other detectives take over unless something goes wrong, that's when they come back. Eileen was in her place and looked out past the big window that takes up only one side of the room. It was a one floor house studio that was cheap for East Harlem, NY. She had to stay in the place due to financial issues and job. The only choice was East Harlem or a 2 hour drive to Brooklyn. Eileen didn't like being in a 2 hour drive to work and back, especially when there are times that the station would call out of nowhere and she would be in traffic waiting for the cars to move so she can get into another. Now, here she is, looking out at East Harlem and drinking the supplement. Still wearing her maroon collar shirt, white pants, and not wearing flats. Viola went from behind Eileen and kissed her neck. Her hand touched Eileen's crouch, which made her spin them 90 degrees and put Viola against the window.