Chapter 15: Stuck In The Past

Blood dripped down the lifeless face of Tomas. The mouth that once held a tasteless smirk was now sunken. His daggered eyes were lifeless as the person who once saw through them was gone. Rick pulled out the machete and Tomas collapsed to the ground, a pool of blood soaking into his long hair.

His fellow prison mate Andrew looked at his fallen friend, when Rick removed the machete Andrew had been coated in a spray of Tomas's blood. His eyes showed fear he knew he was now alone. He stood up and ran out the door. Jayden could hear his footsteps stumbling down the hall.

"I got him" Rick ran after Andrew looking mighty pissed.

T-Dog ran up to Axel and threw his weapon from his hands forcing him to the ground. Daryl had his crossbow pointed at Oscar. Jayden simply stood there unsure of what to do. She knew Tomas and Andrew were up to no good but what about Axel and Oscar. They truthfully looked stunned and scared like they had no idea what happened. But if she couldn't trust Tomas and Andrew how was she supposed to trust them?

"Man, get down on your knees!" Daryl growled at Oscar. Oscar put up his hands in surrender and pushed aside the ax he had been holding, getting on his knees like Daryl ordered.

"We don't have no affiliation to what just happened!" Axel pleaded. "Tell em' Oscar!"

"Stop talking man." Oscar said in defeat.

Jayden looked between the two. Axel was holding back tears as well as he could considering his life was on the line. Whereas, Oscar looked straight ahead, fear did not show through his eyes but defeat had. He had given up on any possibility of coming out of this alive. He had prepared himself for the worst and it showed. After a few minutes Rick came stomping back into the cell block. Without hesitating he pulled his revolver out and pointed it at Oscar's head.

"We didn't have nothing to do with that." Oscar simply stated.

"You didn't know?!" Rick pushed the barrel of his gun into Oscar's head. "You knew! Daryl, let's end this now!"

"Sir, sir, you gotta listen to me, please!" Axel cried out. "It was them that was bad. It wasn't us!"

"Oh, that's convenient!" Rick scoffed.

"You saw what he did to Tiny!" Tears welled up in Axel's eyes. "He was my friend! Please, we ain't like that. I like my pharmaceuticals, but I'm no killer. Oscar here, he's a B and E, and he ain't very good at it neither. We ain't the violent kind, they were! Please, I swear to God! I wanna live!.

After Axel was done pleading, Rick spun and turned the gun back on Oscar.

"What about you?" He questioned.

"I ain't never pleaded for my life." He stared right into Rick's eyes. "And I ain't about to start now. So you do what you gotta do."

Jayden felt a ping in her chest. She had said the same thing when she was being tortured for information during her last Black Ops mission. The memory came swimming from the back of her mind.

Jayden was hanging, her feet barely touching the ground. The rope tying her hands to the ceiling dug into her skin but this pain was the least of her worries. Next to her Jasper also hung from the ceiling. His eyes were closed and his body lifeless. He went unconscious after his last round of torture and had yet to wake up. She looked down at the ground in front of her and saw two of her men who were executed in front of her. Their throats slit as she was forced to watch them choke on their own blood, grabbing at their necks as they fought to breathe. It didn't take long for them to bleed out but it didn't matter how long it took for them to die, Jayden still had to watch her men suffer. Two men wearing masks walked up to her, She was still recovering from being waterboarded several times. That wasn't the worst of it though. The worst part was the electrocution they gave her afterward. The electrical current raced through her body and was amplified by the water clinging to her. There were times where she thought the breath she just took would be her last. They couldn't break her, they had tortured her to no end carving her body with wounds from knives and whips. Several punches and kicks were thrown at her and currently a knife stuck out from her shoulder. Every time she would sway from the ropes the knife would dig deeper, an endless torture. Frustrated, the men walked up to her their rage was hidden by their masks but it could be felt simply by their presence. They pulled out her own Glock and pointed it at her head. She simply stared back at them masking any emotion that she felt.