Scene 1: Quiet Acceptance

The wet slaps of footsteps as Meguru walked underneath an archway reverberated throughout the tiling, but folded in on itself so that it peaked as squeaks. As if he were wearing sandals, but when he looked down, it was just his bare feet. The archway, which before he presumed led into a wall, opened to a short tunnel as he looked back up, with a small slope downwards into glass blue water. Multiple      triangular    openings in the ceiling let yellow-ish sunlight through and and he instinctively reached out, like he could grab onto a ray and ride it out. But don't you know, that only a monster can save you now?

He didn't know why he bothered to roll up his pants upon stepping into the water, since it formed a layer of air around his legs, clinging onto them like a child onto its mother and refusing to let go. Wading as best as he could, the water continued to accommodate for his shape and yet even just a    few   steps exhausted him, though he couldn't pin point why. He lay on his back instead, supposing some current could take him, but only a singular    circular    spotlight grinned at him from above. Against common sense, he flipped so that he was face down in the water, and there was dark. Other than walls of white tiling, an abyss stretched below and in all directions including  up  . Maybe that was a good thing, Meguru breathed, and    sank  . He closed his eyes.