Scene 3: Childhood Yearning

Stock abstract art in golden frames lined the corridor, only interrupted by polished wood doors. It might've looked half decent, had the wallpaper not been a quilt of every single colour and if the lights weren't strangely far apart. The dark segments drowned red shades in the paintings, which for some was its entirety. Ambient air conditioning left a cold, humid feeling on Meguru's skin that somehow, he didn't want to dry. Like the lone sunflower on a glass shelf that crumbled with a touch. The only thing missing was a white towel draped around his shoulders, draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagging on the floor whilst hurrying barefoot across the marble part outside the elevators behind him. Catching a look at himself in the mirror, slicked hair sticking up in parts it probably shouldn't due to his goggles 😂.

The ceiling sloped upwards a negligible amount, until Meguru continued walking and realised he couldn't reach the door handles, even if he wanted to. Which he did: could there be candy back there? Never-ending shelves of manga? Perhaps Yuu made curry for dinner, so he needed to get back as soon as paw-si-bl. But veggies yucky. Meguru will still eat them because Yuu says they are good for him. What a good kid Meguru is.

Ah, Meguru is lost. Meguru could cry, but that will disturb the other people. So Meguru goes back to the elevators. And clicks the down button and ground floor. Since they are the only buttons Meguru can reach. Meguru is proud nonetheless.