1

**Spoiler Warning for Chapter 44 or Season 1 Episode 16**

The rain sprinkled generously down onto the ground as the sky was equally as sad and gray. Everyone was having a tough time. Even though it's been a month since Kazutora and Baji had been found at the crime scene of Shinichiro's motor shop, it was still fresh in everyone's mind. Toman had been suspended for obvious reasons, and Mikey was nowhere to be seen. He was most likely hiding away from everyone, which was completely understandable. No one could reach him. Not Draken, Mitsuya, not even his sister Emma.

Y/n grabbed her see-through plastic umbrella and threw on her red coat. "Where are you off to?" She heard her Grandma ask. Y/n turned around and smiled. "I'm off to visit a friend." Her Grandma nodded and smiled back. "Alright," she said as she continued knitting. "Be safe and don't catch a cold." The girl nodded and walked out the door. She had someone to look after. That was her position after all: medic and advisor to Toman.

To make sure no one was surprised at her visit, she had texted Emma ahead of time. Emma was Mikey's little sister who Y/n had plenty of time to befriend and get to know since the gang would hang out at their Dojo. Similarly, Y/n had also become familiar with Mikey's Grandpa, Grandpa Sano. The Sano Dojo was one of Y/n's favorite places to go to because it held a lot of silly memories; some with the gang and a lot of them with Shinichiro.

Y/n walked onto the wood flooring of the Dojo before taking off her boots and laying down her umbrella. "Hello?" She yelled out as she took off her coat and stood up. Grandpa Sano peeked around the corner. "Oh, hello Y/n. It's a surprise to see you here. I didn't know you were coming for a visit." The girl bowed in respect and apologized.

"I'm so sorry for intruding. I told Emma that I would be visiting so I wouldn't scare anyone, but I guess she forgot to tell you."

Grandpa Sano laughed a hearty laugh. It was so long since Y/n had heard anyone laugh since Shinichiro's passing. "You're alright, kid," he told Y/n as he pat her on the back. "Mikey and Emma are inside. I'll be here cleaning the Dojo. The wind's picking up trash and blowing it inside." I nodded and thanked him before walking into the house portion of the Dojo.

The Sano Dojo was laid out like a regular Dojo would be, but there's an extended portion where an actual living space could be found. Y/n slowly walked into the familiar yet almost foreign environment, looking around to try and spot anyone. It felt awkward being there alone without someone's company. It almost felt like breaking into someone's house although Grandpa Sano had said it was okay (A/N: which was pretty ironic considering what happened to Shinichiro). Y/n sighed. "I should have brought Mitsuya with me. Or maybe Draken," she mumbled to herself.

"I would have preferred Draken."

The girl jumped and turned around to spot none other than Emma. She had her blonde hair down with a pink sweater and grey sweatpants followed by white bunny slippers. As for Emma herself, her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were pink. Y/n could tell she wasn't doing great. No one would be if their older brother passed suddenly. The girl would catch her breath from the unintentional scare and walk over to Emma, embracing her in a much-needed hug. Not a moment to spare, Emma would start crying. "Oh great," she laughed. "I just stopped crying earlier..."

Y/n would stroke Emma's hair and rub her back. "It's alright," she said softly. Emma nodded her head, continuing to let out soft sniffles and small tears that left marks on Y/n's shirt. "Sorry," the blonde croaked out. The other simply shook her head. "Don't be."

The two girls stayed in each other's arms for a good few minutes before sitting down and resting on the couch. Y/n passed Emma a box of tissues which she used to blow her congested nose. "You okay?" she would ask. Emma shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know..it's been really hard. Mikey hasn't come out of his room at all. We only see him when he needs to use the restroom or when he needs to eat. Even then, he doesn't eat often."