Closing Time

About mid-month, I was a wee bit worried as the days passed, and there were no entries gracing my inbox (not that this is atypical of a traditional month gathering entries here at TK, but being that I have been a bit MIA from Wattpad as of late, I was unsure as to if there was a mutiny going on over in the jungle threads of the Scifi Club or what).

But here it is, a jam-packed, high-quality issue of reviews, original shorts, interviews, and articles...

and all about candlepunk, no less.

I think it is a testament to the faithful readers and writers of Tevun Krus that we see so many new names grace its pages every month. I can remember in issues two... three... four... that between @AngusEcrivain and I, we had written half the issue, with the other entries being a monthly rotation of a faithful few who probably dreaded seeing my name in their inbox after logging-on. I don't know about you guys, but I spent countless hours every month studying up on the obscure subgenres of scifi and even more pouring over the popular ones that I had a vague understanding of their existence, but was extremely content in my dystopian, social-quandried, fantastical writing, so much so that I was hesitant to explore. I owe more of who I am as a writer to those authors who joined this project in the beginning. On behalf of TK, and of myself, thank you for allowing me to stand on your shoulders, reach out, and lean on you many times throughout the past year and a half.

This might sound a bit like a farewell. Well, it's not-not in it's entirety, at least. It's more like a see you soon. The thing is, the main reason I've been so MIA from Wattpad lately is because over here in the humid south of the United States, the Parish family is growing by one in the next few months. We are deeply excited, as most new parents are, but have found that even before they get here, children take up more of your time than you could have ever anticipated. And that it's difficult to get things done when you're falling asleep at 8 pm.

Know that not only will I still be around, but that @AngusEcrivain will be taking on an even larger role over here at @ForbiddenPlanet by stepping up over at least the next few months as editor of TK. We ask that you direct all inquiries and submissions to @AngusEcrivain, and that you keep the ball rolling. Here are your upcoming issues of TK-

July: Alternate History July 1

August: Singularity July 29

September: WattPunk September 2

October: Comic SciFi September 30

Know that we are looking for new and old contributors and welcome all every month. Be sure to check out our thread over in the Scifi club to join in on the conversation and invite a friend along.

Ok, friends, as I step back into the shadows for a while, I want to leave you with these three things:

First, a sincere thank you. You have no idea how much joy I've gotten from this every month. You are all supremely talented, and I think great things happen when talented people gather. Thank you for your dedication, entertainment, and the things you continue to teach me month to month.

Secondly, I urge you to keep TK going, bigger and better every month. Let's always do it for the process, and invite people along as we go. TK is an effort by the people, for the people- or something like that. All I know is that it is great, and that is because of you. Keep it up.

And lastly, as always, I leave you with wishes of a very, very...

Happy Reading-

SP Parish