Author Spotlight: @Alice_IceFlower

For this month's Author Spotlight, AngusEcrivain had the pleasure of interviewing Alice_IceFlower. There was no tea and biscuits involved but I'm sure you'll agree, this is an enjoyable interview, nonetheless!

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

What I wouldn't use? Extrovert, party animal, stupid... I think.

What was your nickname at school?

Well, there was "pyramid hair" in primary school. I had a rather triangular hairdo, which I had absolutely no say about. And very rarely "kabouter" in secondary school, which is a gnome-like creature, because I'm very small.

When you were a young padowan, what did you want to be when you grew up?

My main goal was to have longer hair, really. And to never grow up. I realised very early on I would not like studying and working.

What is your favourite quote?

I'm so bad with quotes. I can never remember enough to have a favourite one. So let's go for the first one that pops into my mind: "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Other than writing, what hobbies do you have?

Drawing (basically anything art-related), reading, sewing, skiing, researching obscure historical facts. I'd love to make my own medieval dress once. And I'm working on a longbow at the moment.

Tell us something random that we don't know about you.

I am slightly addicted to peppermints.

What was the first piece of writing you were ever truly proud to have written?

Not counting the 4-page story I wrote when I was 8, I think it would have to be parts of a huge fantasy story I invented when I was 11 to 14 years old. Sadly, not much writing got done on that one, since I had no wish to share it with anyone, and most of the story existed in the form of drawings. But I was proud of that. It's still the largest world I've ever created.

Who is your all-time favourite Sci-Fi author? How much - if at all - have they influenced your writing style?

That's hard to say. I didn't discover Science Fiction until... well, until I joined Wattpad, 4 years ago. I haven't had much time to read a lot of Sci-Fi since then. I've always been more of a Fantasy reader. So I'll give you my favourite Fantasy author instead: Brandon Sanderson. He has some Sci-Fi novellas too, though.