ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ: ɢʟɪᴛᴄʜ

Collapsing on the bed, (Name) stretched her limbs—them cracking in relief as she huffed.
"Haha...pop quizzes...never again..." She groaned before looking at the shadowed ceiling, the small stars decorating it, emitting a dim green glow. The pop-quizzes that were handed out were tiring and long. On top of that for some odd reason, the majority of devices that she happened to use, sometimes glitched out. One even shutting off as she was in the middle of a Math test; which she finished during office hours.

Thankfully, today was a Friday which meant she didn't need to worry about any extra work as the pop-quizzes replaced any homework and her shifts are only on Mondays, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.

<—————————————. * * .——————————————>

The 17 year old had moved to NYC only a few months ago to attend a high school that her parents had found. It wasn't like she was a troublesome kid, in fact she was all they could wish for, good grades, polite, mannered, etcetera. Unfortunately, they had a job in another state, Texas. And even if she did go with them, she'd be home by herself most of the time as they were out on business trips for the majority. But fortunately seeing that her grandparents were in the area of NYC where the school was, they figured that she could stay close to them.

Though, she wouldn't stay with her grandparents as they were staying in an apartment too small for more than two people, but instead live in another apartment nearby—one in between the school and her elders. Her parents would cover all school tuition as well as the apartment bills. And every once in a while they'd send a minor amount of money just in case she needed it.

While she moved in, a few weeks later she applied for a job at Starbucks as a waitress. Short sentence; she got hired. The pay wasn't big but wasn't small either as it was $16.88 an hour—not much to live on but works for pocket money.

So here she was four months in NYC, with a job at Starbucks, back in her apartment from a days worth of pop quizzes that the teachers shamelessly assigned.

...

...

Bored, she went into her hoodie pocket and took out her phone, putting in the code to unlock it before going on TikTok to pass time. While scrolling, she subconsciously fidgeted with her necklace, a sai to be exact. It was a small necklace that was customily made with small quotes or sayings to fit Rapheal's persona. Having it for around three years now, it meant a lot to her—it was like her lucky charm.

As she scrolled, she passed by a few TMNT edits, some good, some bad. She smiled upon viewing a Mikey edit, it was quite well made, from the music choice to the fan-art animation and layout.

"Ugh...to be in a world with you guys sounds awesome.." She sighed dramatically, holding the phone to her chest as she dreamed..that was until it was interrupted by a phone call, startling the poor girl as she looked at the number before swiping the green icon.

"Uh, hi mom!" (Name) greeted as static noise could be heard until a voice filled in. "Hello hunny, just wanted to check up on you since you haven't answered any of my texts I sent."

(Name) confusedly brought the phone down form her ear before entering chat to see, indeed, hundreds of missed text messages. But one of them stood out. "A marketplace?" she quizzed as she put the call on speaker before skimming the other messages. "Mhm, I saw online there'd be a stand selling miniature carved statures." Her mother excitedly informed, her daughter already knowing what she meant. "So..you want me to get you one?" She asked before making out a small agreeing noise on the other line.