Scaraether ✧

First of all, this chapter contains spoilers for people who haven't completed sumeru archon Quest yet.

Also, this story takes place in a slightly different AU-
• This happens 2 days after scaramouche / Wanderer wakes up from his coma (He went into a coma after fighting aether in his god form)
• Scaramouche/Wanderer can teleport
• Scaramouche/ Wanderer overthinks the smallest of things. (#kinship moment)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Third person POV
"Oh! Traveller, I'm glad you were able to come on such short notice." Nahida exclaimed as she turned around to face the blonde haired male.
"You know, you can just call me aether. After all, we're friends, right, nahida?"

"Hehe, i know, it's just a habit. I'm sorry for troubling you for this, i know you were busy back in inazuma."

"Dont worry, it's alright. Anyway, is.. he finally awake?"

"Yup, he woke up about 2 days ago."

"Oh! I hope he's still in his cell, i still feel tired of that fight he put up. Ugh.. i can't bear to do that again.."

"I'll make sure he doesn't cause you any trouble. Coming to the point on why i called you here, i want you to take care of him. It's hard trying to continue my research in irminsul, knowing he could break through the cell any time and cause a lot of rukus." Nahida knew what she was saying but still kept calm and waited patiently for Aether's answer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Aether POV

I've liked scara ever since I met him, but... he's part of the fatui, and I'm the "all mighty traveller." we aren't meant for each other at all... if people find out I like a fatui harbinger nobody will ever help me find my sister... either way, he doesn't like me as well, but it's alright.. I'll get over it sooner or later. I'll just act normal for now.

"Take care of... him? I mean, I don't mind or anything, but... I dont think he likes me after what happened." I tried to answer politely, but I was stuttering so much, barely a few words came out.
I wanted nahida to search deeper into irminsul to find more about my sister.. lumine, being the fourth Descender of teyvat...

"You don't have to, aether." Nahida said as she walked up to me and placed her right hand up front, indicating i wasn't being presurized into agreeing to her request.

"Well.. okay, I guess.. I can take care of him while you continue your search in irminsul."

"Thank you, aether. I'll do my best to find more about you and your sister and the connection you have with this world."

"Thank you too, nahida. We owe you so much!" Paimon finally spoke up. I turned around to face her, and i found... HER EATING MY PANCAKES?!?

"PAIMON YOU LITTLE BI-"
"NOT IN FRONT OF NAHIDA!"
"Ugh... fine."

"Here, these are the keys to his cell. It's located deeper in the sanctuary of surasthana. I think you'll be able to find it easily." Nahida said as she handed me a couple of keys paired together.

"Alright, I'll take my leave now. Best of luck, aether, and paimon!"
"You too, nahida!!" Paimon yelled out as she finished the last pancake.

"Yummy pancakes. :P"

"AAAAUUGGHHHH!!"

// Time skip to when aether enters sanctuary of surasthana //

Fuck dude... why the hell were there so many ruin guards on the way here?! My body hurts now... but I'm finally here... *sigh*

"Phew, so much peace without paimon... Collei is such a great person for babysitting paimon. I'll owe her one after this." I sighed and looked again the keys nahida gave me, "*sigh* I hope he isn't as annoying as paimon.."