Venther ✧

• kinda modern au??
• Aether doesn't have a vision, but he can control elements.
• Venti is a vision holder (anemo ofc)

Venti POV
I was at the bar again, playing for these ugly ass drunkards... ugh, can't any of these people be my type? They're so mid... ew. Can't believe monstadt is filled with these kinds of people.
I put away my lyre and looked around the bar. My eyes met with a customer, I didn't notice him before, so maybe it's his first time here. He seemed rich.
Braided blonde hair and a business suit... from cleisz Fontaine premium?! Isn't that the most expensive fashion design company in teyvat? I recognised the suit immediately as the owner was one of my friends, furina. Even if her company is big and expensive, she has never taken part in any illegal activities, and her clothing sense is top-class if you ask me.

We maintained eye contact for a few seconds before I broke away and walked over to the bar counter.
"Diluc.. is that guy new here?"
I gestured towards the blonde male I was admiring earlier.
Diluc just glimpsed at him and went back to serving vodka shots. "Yeah... I've heard he's a businessman working with Mr. zhongli."

Zhongli... I've heard that name before. He used to be our old costumer a few years ago, his wife guizhong, and he used to visit us almost every day, but his wife died in a car accident one fatal day. She was a stunning woman, really. Zhongli was heartbroken. He believed her car accident was planned. After a few months of research, they found evidence that It was indeed a planned accident, guizhong was cheating on Mr Zhongli with someone else, suspected to be a lady. Guizhong felt guilty but didn't know how to admit it, so she planned her car accident.

Zhongli and diluc were good friends, and zhongli told him about everything that had happened.
Either way, Mr Zhongli was a rich and smart man. He's collaborated with a lot of famous companies, even Cleisz Fontaine Premium.
You need to be a top-class businessman to collaborate with someone as rich as Mr.zhongli.
This blondie here might be way richer than I thought, huh..
I went back to my lyre and started playing again

- two hours later -
*pheww* My shift finally ended! Today wasn't so bad.. only had to stay back 2 hours. I looked over to the clock hanging behind the counter.
2:30 AM

"Jeez, it got late quick.."
My part-time job was a bar music guy or whatever. I get about 25 dollars per hour or like 2-4 shots of vodka. Bare minimum... why did my life have to he like this? How is a pathetic person like me a vision bearer?
I stepped out of the tavern, and a gust of cold air hit me, "It sure is cold in monstadt nowadays..."

I didn't really have a house, I was kicked out of my previous one since I wasn't playing the rent on time. Now I just live in the tree behind the statue of the seven in windrise.
Though it's harder to sleep nowadays, knowing there are hilichurls and hydro slimes roaming around here, it does get annoying sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I still love staying there.

I soon found myself out of the city gates of monstadt and on the bridge, just then I heard a scream. Without a second thought, I rushed over to the source of sound and found someone on the floor with pyro slimes surrounding them.
"Koko da yo!"
I spawned a wind current, which sucked up all the pyro slimes. It didn't kill them, though.. the slimes saw me and directly attacked me. Luckily, I picked up my bow after I got out of the tavern. With a few anemo charged shots, I managed to kill them all.

"EEK! are they finally gone?!"
"Heh, yeah, don't worry. You're safe."
Just then, I noticed the person i saved was a little girl... I think I've seen her before near the flower shop.
"Hey, your name is Flora, right?"
"Oh, how'd you know?"
"I've seen you at your flower shop before. I always go past it while going to my workpl-"

"I heard a scream from here, everything alright?"
I turned my head to face.. the same blondie I saw at the tavern.
"A few pyro slimes suddenly appeared out of nowhere, but this kind Sir got rid of them!"

Aether POV
Wait... isn't that the same lyre player at the bar? The same one who caught my attention.
Just then, I realised he was a vision holder, anemo vision...
"You're a vision bearer?~ how unique."
I said in a teasing tone while chuckling.

Venti slightly blushes "Yeah yeah.."

*it starts to rain and thunder, the girl bids both of them goodbye and runs off*

"Well.. Where's your house? I'll drop you off." I offered venti a ride to his house, he seemed hesitant.

"Uhmm.. well I..-" venti stammers over his words for a few minutes before admitting he doesn't have a home
"Uh.. I got kicked out of my previous house since i wasn't paying rent on time.."

I gasp a little before calming down "wanna stay at my apartment? It's quite big, and I've been searching for a roommate for quite some time, so, would you like to be my roommate..?" I tried to sound calm, while my heart was exploding from inside, wanting venti's answer.

Venti thinks about his answer before blushing and shyly nodding
"I-i..g-guess..i-its a f-fine i-idea...-"

My eyes widen a little from surprise and excitement, I pull him into a hug
"Great..!~ ill buy you anything you want and need..!~"

Venti flinched at the sudden hug but hugged back gently, snuggling closer to me

Aw.. how cute... my heart fultered in my chest, I felt butterflies filling up my stomach.. I'll protect this man no matter what...

- - - - - - - - - -
Words- 1004