01

"Arabella!" My father's voice echoed down the corridor to the room where I was training

I ignored his calls, continuing my attack on the training dummies in front of me.

"Arabella! Will you stop that nonsense and help your mother in the kitchen?" He stormed into the room, slamming the door behind him.

"It's not nonsense, I have a trial with the Jedi council tomorrow and if it goes well then I'll never have to come back to this godforsaken place again!" I rolled my eyes, focusing on my father.

"You better watch your mouth you ungrateful child!" He stormed over to me, grabbing me by the neck and pulling me off my feet.

I clung to his wrist, clawing at his skin as I let out choked breaths.

"Not so cocky now are we?" He chuckled, slamming me into the wall behind me, using the wall as extra leverage to squeeze more of my life away.

"We give you life, your clothes, your home, not to mention your stunning good looks." He ran a finger down the side of my face as I felt myself growing faint.

"Pathetic." He tossed me onto the floor as though I was nothing before walking over to the door. "If you're not in that kitchen in five minutes you will not be going to your trial." And with that he was gone.

I pulled myself off the floor, grabbing the metal pole I had been simulating attacks with and gritted my teeth, launching it across the room, watching as it impaled itself into the wall.

"Fuck this." I walked out of the room and down the long corridor to the very end room, furthest away from everything, all tucked away and out of sight.

I pushed the door open, grabbing my bag that hung on the back of the door and began packing. I had ran away before but had only lasted two days before my parents found me but this time I had somewhere to go, and I was never coming back.

-

"Can I help you?" A tall blonde man asked as I paced outside the Jedi council meeting room.

"No, sorry." I shook my head as I grabbed my bag, turning to walk away.

"Wait!" He called after me, making me stop and turn back.

"You must be Arabella, we didn't expect you until tomorrow. I'm Obi-wan as I'm sure you already know." He smiled softly at me.

I nodded, glancing at the tall man before looking back down at my feet.

"Sorry I'm early, I just- I didn't have anywhere to go." My voice came out quiet making me mentally kick myself for being so nervous.

"What about your parents?" He stepped closer to me, making me look up at him.

"They...I don't have any." I shook my head, my hold on my bag tightening.

"Hmm, I'm sure we can accommodate you." He gently placed his hand on the small of my back, leading me down the hall.