seven

seven. but on a Wednesday, in a cafe

there are things that I wish I could tell you, will never be able to

Katherine had thought about spending the afternoon with Conrad and Susannah but she realized it would do more harm than good if she did so

Katherine had thought about spending the afternoon with Conrad and Susannah but she realized it would do more harm than good if she did so. Therefore, now she sat across from Sebastian at the cozy café in Cousins. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Katherine fidgeted with her coffee cup, her mind racing with questions. Is this a date? Are we just friends hanging out? Why does everything have to be so confusing?  She tried to push those thoughts aside and focused on Sebastian, who stared at her with an eager grin.

Sebastian leaned in, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "So, Kathy, spill the beans. Is this a hot date or are we just two caffeinated pals?"

Katherine snorted, trying to hide her nervousness. "Hot date? More like lukewarm coffee hangout. But hey, who knows? Maybe things will heat up with an extra shot of espresso."

Sebastian chuckled, his laughter infectious. "I like your coffee metaphors. Let's keep it steamy but not scalding, shall we?"

Katherine's cheeks flushed as she took a sip of her drink. "Agreed. We'll aim for a cozy cappuccino level of warmth."

Sebastian leaned back, pretending to ponder the thought. "Hmm, cappuccino. That's a sophisticated choice. I might have to up my coffee game just to match your taste."

Katherine rolled her eyes playfully. "Oh please, don't go throwing around fancy coffee terms. I'll end up ordering a tall, non-fat, decaf, extra-foam unicorn frappuccino just to keep up."

Sebastian burst into laughter, his eyes crinkling with amusement. "Now that's a coffee concoction I'd like to see. You'd be the talk of the town."

Katherine shrugged, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. "Hey, if I'm going to be the talk of the town, might as well do it with a unicorn frappuccino in hand, right?"

Sebastian grinned, his enthusiasm contagious. "So this is an ambiguous coffee session, I like that. It has a certain mysterious charm to it. So, tell me, have you been to this café before?"

Katherine nodded, taking a sip of her coffee. "Yeah, it's one of my favorite spots in town. The barista makes the best lattes. You have to try it."

Sebastian raised an eyebrow playfully. "Well, if the lattes are as good as the company, then I'm in for a treat."

Katherine couldn't help but blush at his compliment, her mind briefly wandering to Conrad. She quickly shook off the thought, reminding herself that this was a fresh start, a chance to get to know Sebastian without the weight of past relationships lingering in the air.