Chapter 1

Alora looks out the window of the car, as her mother drives to their new home town, Toxic, Indiana.
Alora sits in the passenger seat, wondering if she will meet new friends, enjoy the new school, and make it on the volleyball team.

Indigo, Alora's Mom, exclaimed, "we're here!" Alora looked at the new house she would live in for the rest of her teen years. The house was two stories tall, and the outside was painted midnight blue with a black roof.
Alora got out of the car and walked toward the front door. The grass was beautiful, she thought, with the white picket fence.
Alora grabbed the door knob and felt a flame from within start. She looked around and saw her mother was still unloading boxes.
Alora went to what she wanted to be her room. The room was a bit small but there was a bay window and a bookshelf, "It's perfect," she said with love in her eyes. "Then it's yours," Indigo said as she walked by carrying two boxes stacked. Alora grabbed one of the boxes saying " here mom, let me help you with that."

A few hours passed of the two doing nothing but unpacking. Alora was putting away her collection of books on her bookshelf. Alora noticed one book was on the bookshelf that did not belong to her titled 'Historia Daemonum'. It looked interesting to Alora, but she did not know latin to well therefore, she could not read it.

It was Monday, and Alora went to her first day of junior year. While walking to class, Alora noticed a paper on the wall promoting the tryouts for the volleyball team were that Friday "At least there is one good thing here."

Alora's first class was math. She got embarrassed when the teacher announced that there was a new student in class and made her introduce herself to the class. She stood up and said, "I'm Alora Guard. I moved here from Texas with my mother. I'm really into books, and sports." As Alora was sitting back down, one of the boys in class shouted "nice dating bio!" Then one of the girls yelled back "Shut up, dumb ass!" Alora noticed the girl had bright pink hair that was long, and was wearing what looked like 6" gold heels.

In between classes, the girl with pink hair ran over to Alora to introduce herself. "Nyx Harrington, I am the volleyball team captain. I heard that you liked sports, if that's true, you should try out." Alora smiled and agreed to go tryout that Friday.

At lunch hour, Alora sat with Nyx. While having lunch together, Nyx asked "How long were you in Texas?" Alora answered "I was born there." Nyx wondered why her family moved 16 years later, but Alora shrugged her shoulders to it.
Alora noticed a young man walk in to the cafeteria and Nyx noticed her looking at the man. "That's Liam, he's my cousin. Do you want me to introduce you?" Nyx then giggled to herself. Liam sat with his cousin for lunch, then asked "who's the new girl?" Nyx proudly introduced them. Alora sat still and became very shy. However, after a few seconds, Alora asked "I didn't see you in class. Are you in a different grade?" Liam explained that he is a senior. Alora watched but could not say a word when Liam said by to his cousin, then looked at her and said "later! Maybe we can all hangout sometime." Nyx smiled at Alora, then grabbed her by the hand and ran to the hallway with her. "What the hell?" Alora asked, Nyx responded "your eyes are completely black. There is no pupils, no white, just black!" Alora panicked over her eyes being solid black.