Chapter 19

Indigo sat in her kitchen, drinking coffee, wondering if Alora would ever forgive her for everything. Indigo stressed from the idea of Alora learning the truth about who her mother really was all these years.
Indigo called Victoria, wondering if she could they could visit over coffee. Victoria agreed.

At school, Liam went to hang out with Brian. Brian had lacrosse practice, but when given the chance, he would go talk to Liam. Liam told Brian about what happened the night before, to Liam's surprise, Brian told him, "I think you should get to know her mom better. Then maybe, she will tell you more about Alora." Liam realizes that it may not be the best idea, but it was an ok idea. Liam and Brian talked about their plans for winter formal. Brian planned on taking Nyx to the dance with him. Liam planned on taking Alora, but Brian advised Liam to take her somewhere else. Liam wondered why Brian would say such a weird thing. Brian explained that Nyx and him went through old books, discovering many things about Toxic, Indiana. Liam wondered what they found, Brian explained what secrets Indigo had been hiding from Alora.

The night before, Nyx and Brian were going through a few books, Nyx snuck out of Victoria's office. In one of the books, it felt as if it were documentations on Indigo. Written in the book was all of the tricks Indigo could do and when she learned them.

In the book was also a short story written:
November, 1995. Indigo goes to cheer practice. Indigo has learned a total of 158 tricks but does not know how to take control. At practice, Jessica Thomas called Indigo 'a freak causing Indigo to get depressed. Indigo tried getting through practic but kept hearing insults from all the girls. Indigo's depression got the best of he, and she killed the cheer team captain. It was an accident, but everyone saw Indigo kill her. The case was investigated, but no one could explain what happened properly. Indigo was expelled and went to Victoria Johnson. Victoria knew what happened at schoo but loved Indigo like a sister. Victoria performed a spell to make everyone in Toxic, Indiana forget what Indigo did. She replaced everyone's memory with the cheer captain going missing, and no one knew where.

Nyx and Brian panicked, knowing what Indigo is capable of. Nyx never knew her mom could perform spells. Did Nyx learn a big family secret? Nyx started to mist up over what she had learned of her mother. Brian comforted her, telling her, "Maybe you should tell your mom about you? I'm still trying to understand all of this werewolf stuff." Nyx laughed then kissed Brian.

While Liam was talking to Brian, he realized why his mom had left him with his aunt. Liam never understood why his mom left him with his aunt and never returned or even contacted her. Liam was hurt for most of his life, knowing his mom didn't want him, but hurt even more thinking he ruined her relationship with his aunt.

Victoria and Indigo were having coffee together talking about life. Victoria told Indigo, "Nyx and Liam don't even know I'm a witch. My nephew is a vampire, and my daughter is a werewolf, yet they don't know anything about me." Indigo was surprised learn that Victoria knew about the kids, but the kids knew nothing. Indigo went on to ask if the kids knew anything about her, but Victoria explained that she hid everything from them. "Alora is snooping around, and I'm nervous she is going to learn what I did all those years ago." Victoria swore to Indigo that no one would ever be able to know what took place.