1 - The Reunion

"So, you haven't seen your brother in.. how many years? I forget.." Dad asked, tired as usual. "Twenty years, dad.." I said, worried for my father. He'd been at the bar most of this week with his friends, and I'm not sure he should be driving. "Thanks for bringing me here, Dad." I said. As I got out of the car and closed the door, he turned on the radio and drove off.

         "Junebug, is that you, sweetheart?" A voice said behind me. "Hi mom." I said, smiling. "Sweetie, what happened to your face?" She asked worriedly, grabbing my hands. She stared at my black eye and a tear came to her eye. "Oh, nothing.." I said. "It was your father, wasn't it?" She said as the single tear ran down her cheek.

"Yeah.. He's let himself go ever since his girlfriend left. Drinking, the works." I confessed. "Well, come here. Nick will be happy to see you after all these years." She said with a nervous smile, leading me to the patio full of my family members.

"Nick! Junebug's here!" Mom yelled. "Hey Nicky!" I said. He looked exactly how I remember, just twenty years older. "Hi, June." He said, waving. "AUNTIE JUNE!!" A girl screamed as she ran over and hugged me. "This is my daughter, Deliah." Nick said, chuckling. "Oh, yeah. I remember you sent me a letter when she was born. Fourteen years ago, I think." I laughed as Deliah ran off to play at the park. "You have a good memory, sis." Nick said. "I heard she left. I'm sorry." I said, hugging my older brother. "It's fine. I think I've done well raising her for these fourteen years." He said.

When everyone finished cleaning up, Nick and I stood outside waiting for Dad to pick me up. "Nick, you really don't have to wait with me." I offered. "No, June. What if he doesn't come? Then what? Besides, Deliah wanted to play around for a little bit longer." He said, smiling.

Dad never came. "I'll take you home. I just have to do something first. Go get Deliah for me?" He offered. "Alright. Thanks, Nick." I said, walking towards the park. "Come on Deliah, it's time to leave!" I called. Deliah ran over and we walked back to the car. "Come on, just this once. You have to hi-" Nick began, but saw me and Deliah and stopped. "Who are you talking to?" I asked. "M- Myself. Yeah, that's who. Hop in the front." He said, nervous.

I could have sworn I saw something in the back of the car on the way to Dad's..

{443 words) How is it so far? It'll get better I swear. You live with your dad, and Nick is your brother.}

{{EDITED. I messed up the ages so changed to 20 years because June is only 25 sorry}}