☆ Chapter One ☆

I have never really been the kind of girl to care what others thought of me. Whether it was what I liked, or how I dressed but there was always one thing that seemed to always be a bother to me, and that was my weight. Growing up I was never skinny, neither was I fat. It was a confusing thing really but no matter what, that has been the only thing I have ever truly felt insecure of.

It didn't help when before, people used to say things to me about it especially Jeremy, God I hated him. He always had the most to say but I did what I was told to do which was to just look past it, that's what everyone thought I did but really it was hurting me deep down all this time.

Eventually I lost slightly more weight as I grew older and no I'm not exactly what people would call "skinny" but I wasn't overweight, just thinner, that's what I cared about. Jeremy, he doesn't plague me so much about it now but he does like to remind me every so often.

Now, I'm a 15 year old girl just trying to get through her last few years of school, I know it'll all be worth it eventually~ I finally finished writing in this new diary my mom got me a couple weeks ago, only now have I actually gotten round to starting it.

What was the point of this now? She said something about expressing my feelings blah blah blah. She said I've just got to give it time and I'll warm up to it, does seem pretty fun I guess but I'm sure I'll forget about it by the end of the week anyway. I sigh as I place it on the floor next to my bed and push it under with my arm that just about reaches.

I check the clock on my side table, "oh shit" I whisper to myself, it's 2:46am?? And I've got school in about...4 hours, great!! Since when did it get so late? I guess I really got carried away with that diary writing, jeez. I guess I should sleep now while I can. I sigh, before switching my lamp off and turning over.
—————————————————————————
The next day at school

I was sat in 2nd period, math my favourite!! not. Ugh I swear this lesson lasts forever, I guess I don't really mind though. I do have one of my favourite teachers, Mr Miller, he tries his hardest to make math enjoyable. Sometimes I'm convinced he doesn't even like math himself and that's a lot coming from a literal math teacher. At least I'm next to one of my best friends, Lilli. She's been there for me and I've been there for her, we're like sisters and when Jeremy used to torment me she would always back me up and I cannot lie she had the greatest comebacks.

Flash back:

"Look who it is again, Miss fatty who thought it was a good idea to reject me in 6th grade, don't walk too fast your gonna cause an earthquake" Jeremy spat at me as I walked out of my house with Lilli. He and his  sad little posse laughed. I was about to say something when Lilli comes from behind me, "What was that Jeremy?" She stared dead into his soul, shit this might not end well, "Lilli it's okay" I whispered to her as I tugged her arm to get her moving along. "I said, that if your whale of a friend over here walks any faster, she about to cause a god dam earth quake" he laughs even harder with his friends who can barely breathe. "Oh, is that so? Well Jer', can I call ya Jer'? Thanks. I don't blame you" I looked confusingly at her, what was she doing? She smiled devilishly, "Because if I looked like my face had been slammed in a car door over..and over..and over again too then personally, I would wanna pick on some of the prettiest girls I've seen to make myself feel a tad bit better too, don't ya agree?"

Jeremy looked a bit dumbfounded and honestly so was I, I have never heard Lilli say anything like that before and to be frank, I'm rather impressed. He managed to spit out "Pfft yeah right, is that all you've got?" he chuckled, Lilli then put on a pretend sad facial expression as if she felt like she'd lost this little game of his and replied "oh yeah I guess your right, I will never be intimidating as you..maybe there is just one more thing though.." "huh" Jeremy said sounding confused but was soon cut of by Lilli grabbing his nipples and twisting them as hard as she possibly could. "Ow Ow!! Your hurting me you freak!!" Sounded like music to my ears. "Apologise" she said bluntly. I almost felt bad for him, her fingers were even turning White from how tightly she was gripping onto him. He replied with pain in his voice "Huh?". " I said, Apologise." She said once more, "Bitch the fuck you think I am? Apologise my ass". "Fine by me" She puts on a fake smile as she begins to twist even further, "AH AH STOP STOP!! IM SORRY" she lets go of him and he falls to the floor curling up in a ball, probably waiting for all his little buddies to see if he's okay. "See wasn't so hard was it" she smiled and she grabbed my hand and walked away like nothing happened. Holy shit!!

End of flash back

I still love her for doing that for me, I can't lie it was bad ass and I would never have the guts to pull anything like that on Jeremy. He still tries to avoid her now so he only ever picks on me if I'm by myself. 

The bell rings. Woah, math class felt a lot faster today. "Cole Johnson could you please stay behind for a couple of minutes, don't worry you ain't in no trouble kid!" Mr Miller laughed trying to speak above the bell. Hm now that I think of it I have never really ever noticed Cole in this class, what if he's in my other classes too and I've never noticed? Quite likely, he is a quiet person. I wonder what goes on in the minds of people like him.

He stood up and made his way to the front where Mr Miller's desk was, even from his body language I could tell he was shyer than most. Me and Lilli were still packing away since we always take longer to because we end up chatting about either how easy the work was or how difficult it was.

As I'm putting my last textbook in my bag, Lilli leans in by my ear and whispers "isn't that the kid who said all that blood cult nonsense and how his babysitter was in one or something like that?". I realised where I had heard of him before and replied to her while still whispering "ohhh yeah I remember that, I actually feel kinda bad no one really talks to him, well I think I've seen that one girl talk to him every so often what's her name..??" "Oh oh Millie? No Melanie!" She replies "Yeahh Melanie, and honestly I think her boyfriend is just there to tease him...do you believe him?" I paused, "You know about all the blood cult stuff, I kinda do if I'm being honest" I try say as quietly as I can to her. "Girl of course you do your all superstitious and shi, personally I don't and maybe he just thought it would get him friends or something"

I shoot her a frown to disagree with her while we walk out the class. I don't know? I just don't think anyone would make that up?

A.N: word count-1333
Hope you are all enjoying this so far and I appreciate every single one of you reading this! Please feel free to leave suggestions/thoughts!