Chapter XV: The Lone Star State (Part 2 Premiere)

"Now it's just gonna' be strange not having you around now. Who could I possibly talk to about all the cool skills and stuff I'll be getting?" Luke cried dramatically as him and Matthew entered the airport.

Matthew chuckled. "It's not like I'm dying. We can always just text each other. Y'know, the things most people who aren't 10 feet from each other do."

Luke just laughed. "Yeah yeah, I know. I'm just screwing with you."

"Are you just gonna' go back to going solo once I'm gone?" Matthew asked.

Luke shrugged. "Unless I have a reason not to. Although I'll just stick with low ranking dungeons for now. Don't wanna tempt fate... again." The pair chuckled.

The morning up till then had been less then eventful. The only thing that had occurred was having breakfast at a cafe nearby. All things considered, it was probably the best waffles Matthew had ever had.

After that it was simply packing Matthew's things and heading to the airport.

"What about you?" Luke asked. "You gonna' go off bragging about your power up or something back at your guild?"

Matthew let out a light laugh. "No, nothing like that. I might talk to the guild manager to promote me to a squad captain though. The extra cash wouldn't be unwelcome."

"I feel like they'd notice that you're over twice as strong as when you left." Luke noted, but Matthew just waved his hand as if swatting the issue away.

"I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now though, it'll just be nice to finally get back home. I miss my bed, and Dallas. And the guild." He began.

"Think you forgot to add your coffee maker to that list." Luke chuckled, getting a punch in the shoulder for the comment.

The banter between the two hunters continued as they stopped at the security checkpoint of the airport.

"Guess this is where we part ways." Matthew said, a tinge of sorrow in his voice.

"Better start visiting me more. Maybe I'll start stopping by Texas once in a while." Luke said with a smile, making one reappear to Matthew's face.

Matthew waved goodbye to his friend for the first time in ages as he walked through the checkpoint and off towards his home across the country.

***

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

[Name: Matthew Adams]

[Level: 25]

[Job: None]

[HP: 195/195]

[MP: 98/98]

[Available Status Points: 10]

[Strength: 42]

[Agility: 53 (+5)]

[Vigor: 39]

[Intelligence: 39]

[Sense: 43]

[Faith: 43]

[Skills]

[Active: Healing Hands, Phantom Spears, Genesis]

[Passive: Spear Proficiency]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Matthew glanced over his stats as he rested onto his plane seat.

For the moment at least, he had his row of seats to himself, although he didn't expect that comfort to last much longer.

He looked to his 10 points he could send to any of his stats, but the question still burned in his mind of, which one. Technically Faith was never a bad option, most of his skills scaled with it anyways. But still, it felt like he was constantly lacking in so many aspects.