Ch 5

ANTONIO

ANTONIO

I'm in a dark room standing still.

I don't know how I got here, and I don't know how to leave.

I can't move, not that I even try.

There's no use in trying, because I already know the answer.

I've been here before.

However, this time things are different. The cross on my necklace lights up signaling to the larger light in the distance. My feet seem to act on their own as I'm drawn forward. Amazed by my ability to move, I start running. Running from whatever force was holding me back and into the light in front of me. A woman's voice calls out my name, and I stop abruptly at the sound of my mothers voice. I look behind me at the black void, and then forward at the voice beaming from the light. Part of me wants to go back to the dark force. The dark force is all I know.

But before my body can decide for itself, I'm drowning.

I'm drowning in water and it feels so real. I can't breathe. I can't–

"What the fuck!" I shout at Danielle who is shamelessly holding a gray bucket in her hand.

"Rise and shine, dickhead," she says with a sly grin.

Wide awake now, I wipe the water from my eyes when I notice the naked girl lying next to me, looking just as startled as I am. "Is she your girlfriend?" she asks hesitantly. You think being a ring girl, she'd have more of a backbone but I guess not.

I look back at Danielle, who is wearing a white tank top and black leggings that hug her hips nicely. If I wasn't so pissed off at her, this would be a start to a hot fantasy.

Danielle narrows her eyes with a dark fierceness as she replied mischievously, "Oh yeah! And if you don't leave right now, I will fuck you up."

I can't help but smirk bat at her, "you can fuck me up any day babe."

Her eyes narrow at me and we enter an unspoken staring contest as the ring girl, Jules? Jean? Jess? Something like that gets dressed and books it the hell out of here. Well, that's definitely going to make headlines now. Fucking great. When the door shuts, Danielle breaks our gaze, and before I can lay back down and bask in my win, she lunges the curtains open forcing the bright light to pierce my eyes.

"We don't have practice today," I groan, using my hand to shield my eyes.

"Oh yeah?" She smiles her annoying smile. "Who says?"

"Um... my schedule."

"Well as your new coach, I control your schedule," she finishes slinging open the last curtain. "So, get dressed, we're going on a run."

She struts out the room as it suddenly occurs to me: How did she even get in here? Getting dressed, I make a mental note that it's best I hire security.