Opening up - (pt. 4)

Rengoku pov:
Tomioka came back to work today. He still didn't look completely recovered, it concerned me. His eyes looked dull, and his features were quite sunken. I decided I'd go check up on him.
"Flame breathing, first form, Unknowing Fire!" I slashed the demon's neck, the head slid cleanly off. I started walking in the direction of Tomioka's estate. As I neared the estate I felt my heart flutter at the thought of seeing him again. I shook that out of my head, 'He's just a friend!' (Omfg Adrian from MLB tat u? 💀).
I walked up knocking on door lightly, no answer. I knocked again a little louder, still no response. 'Thats weird... It feels wrong to barge in, but what if something happened....' I pushed open the door stepping inside (Yes this mf doesn't lock his door 💀).
"Tomioka?" I looked around spotting him wrapped up in blankets on the couch. 'He looks cute like that.... Wait what!?' I made a mental note to talk to Kanroji as she always knew a lot about emotions. I closed the door not wanting to let the cool air out. I slipped off my shoes, walking over to him. I kneeled down next to him, pulling his hair back to feel his forehead. It was still quite hot, I also got a good look at his face. His features were quite distinct, but the thing that caught my eye the most was his eyes. They were red and puffy as if he'd been crying.
3rd person pov:
"Tomioka?" Rengoku shook him softly. He stirred, curling into a ball, before his eyes fluttered open.
"R-Rengoku!? W-What are you doing here!?" He sat up startled, looking around to see if anyone else was there as well.
"Ah! Sorry for coming in uninvited, but you didn't look 100% there today, and I wanted to see if you were alright, but-" he rambled nervously.
"I-It's alright, I'm perfectly fine, thank you for your concern though," He cut him off.
"Tomioka... You're still ill," He looked back at me opening his mouth to argue with him. "You're wrapped up in blankets, shivering, and you're burning up," He closed his mouth, giving in.
He looked away, "I apologize for waisting your time, but I'm fully capable of taking care of myself..."
"Tomioka, your not waisting my time! And I want to help!" He smiled warmly at him. Giyuu felt himself blush a little looking at Rengoku's beautiful smile.
"Can I stay with you?" Giyuu nodded, he liked Rengoku's company, but would never admit it. Giyuu pulled his blankets back around him, He felt his eyes getting heavier as he drifted off to sleep.
Rengoku picked up a book sitting on the table, "How to Cope with the Loss of a Loved One." He felt something lean onto his shoulder, he look over seeing Giyuu peacefully sleeping next to him. 'What have you gone through?...'
He started squirming, as his face scrunched up, tears forming in the corners of his eyes. 'Is he having a nightmare?'
-Giyuu's nightmare-
"Sabito! SABITO!!" He screamed as he saw his boyfriend's head being crushed. He screamed struggling in the boy Sabito had left him with's arms.
"Let me go! LET ME GO!!!" He screamed tears streaming down his face. He knew deep down that he was already dead, but there was a tiny sliver of hope inside of him that Sabito would walk out from the trees a few seconds later pursuing the demon once more. That second never came, he was dead, headless laying in a pool of his own blood.
He fell to his knees sobbing, quietly, so the hand demon wouldn't hear them.
The scene transformed into his old house. He opened his eyes as small, soft hands lifted him off the ground.
"Nee-san?" The young girl smiled sadly at him, her long braid falling over her shoulder.
"Stay here, don't look, and be quiet," She put him in the closet closing the door. There was a loud crash, and high pitched screams followed. He leaned forward peaking through the crack, to see a horrific sight. His older sister being kill, with a huge gash in her stomach, and part of her head missing.
-End of Giyuu's nightmare-
"Nee-san! Sabito!" His eyes short open, as tears poured out of his eyes.
"Tomioka?" Rengoku looked over at him concerned. Giyuu's breathing was uneven, as he started hyperventilating. Rengoku pulled him into a hug.
"...S-Sabito......Nee-san-n" He choked out, as quiet sobs shook his body. Rengoku pulled him in closer, rubbing slow circles on his back. He had learned this helped comfort someone from his younger brother Senjuro. Senjuro would often start crying when their father yelled at them, and after their mother passed, Rengoku would have be the one to calm him down.

Once Giyuu had calmed down a little, he pulled out of the hug realizing what he was doing.
"I-I'm sor *hic* s-sorry!" Rengoku grabbed his arm, hugging him again.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" he whispered softly. He hesitated, making a small nod. Rengoku turned to face him crossing his legs, "Take your time," He said softly.
He took a deep breath, "W-Well... I sometimes..... well... m-maybe a little more than some-*hic*-t-times... I will have nightmares-s...."
"About?" Rengoku pushed grasping onto his hand, making the shorter man's heart jump.
"M-My dead....sister....a-and...Boyfriend....." He closed his eyes the pictures of their dead bodys flashing infront of his eyes.
"I'm...Sorry for your losses..." He nodded. I never knew that Tomioka had been through so much... He was always so quiet, and alone. We all took that as he didn't like us.... but in reality was he... just a nervous, sad person?.... Rengoku thought to himself as guilt flooded his mind. He was snapped out of his thoughts as Giyuu fell asleep on his shoulder. His face flushed a little. A little sleep couldn't hurt?

(1064 words including this sentence)

I just realized this was turning into a series- maybe I should move the panic attack chapter and name this? Welp tell me what y'all think! And I'll try to get the next chapter out soon! Have an wonderful rest of your day/night/morning/afternoon wherever you are on this beautiful planet! 🌎✨