Chapter 2 Mate

POV: Raphael

Hello reader my name is Raphael Rickson. I'm a lycan. Yes, that's right, I said a Lycan. Now I'm not just any Lycan. I'm the Alpha King of both werewolves and Lycans.

Now I know what your thinking. You must think the a Lycan and a werewolf are the same thing but no they're not.

Both Lycans and werewolves come from the same decent. We are both part of the wolf family. A cousin species if you will.

A lycan is more of a beast wolf than an actual wolf form. We stand on two legs instead of four. We don't really have fur like a wolf. We have some. A good example is that movie underworld. Those are Lycans.

Lycans are stronger and faster than a werewolf. We both have basically the same abilities with a few differences. Our life span being one of them.

Lycans live a very long time. Werewolves do to but only three to four centries. Whereas lycans live about double that so about six to eight centuries.

I'm the only lycan to be a one thousand years old. I have lived a millennia. I was blessed by the moon goddess herself to be immortal. I was chosen by her to be the king of all her people.

I am the permanent king. Now I don't look a thousand years old. I actually look like I'm about 30 years old.

I do have three kids. My oldest Jax is a lycan like me. I have a set of twins. My twins are Liam and Caroline so a boy and a girl. They're werewolves like their mother.

Their mother, Lillian is my chosen mate. I've never met not had a fated mate. I don't think I have one. There have been times I thought that because I was gifted immortality that the goddess didn't think I should have a fated mate.

I mated to Lillian because my parents and the council betrothed me to her. My parents are long gone by now. I have a lot of complicated feelings towards Lillian.

Lillian was the daughter of an alpha of a pack. She was a very spoiled person. She still is. I do try to tread lightly around spoiled people because the second they don't get what they want they become dangerous. They will do whatever they have to to get what they want. They are never satisfied.

I've never seen Lillian satisfied in my entire life. She always whats more. I do care about her. We have formed a comfortable relationship. Do I love her? No. I know that is horrible.

She is the mother of my children though so that does count for something. Lillian is still alive because when she mated to me her life became intertwined with mine. So in other words I die she dies.

My sons are Alphas of their own packs. My daughter lives here in the palace. Carolina is just like her mother. That girl never listens to me. I tried not to spoil her but Lillian had other ideas.

I'm staying at one of my estates right now for break. Lillian and Caroline went on a trip to Paris to go shopping and stuff. Things have been pretty slow lately so I figured while I can I'll just come here and relax for a few days.

I own several estates and houses scattered here and there. I'm visiting Jax in a few days to check up on him. I do this from time to time with my sons. I saw Liam last month.