Chapter 64: Visit

Sapnap POV.

“Guys, it is so sweet of you both to come and visit.” George allowed himself to smile, his eyes looking between myself and Karl. “Dream has been really upset all day.”
“Understandable.” Karl nodded as we were allowed into the brunette’s home. “His grandma came looking for him at Sapnap’s, she was a bitch.”

Both myself and Karl were carrying bags. Karl’s had some gifts that we brought, including food, some movies, and a fluffy blanket among others. The bag I was carrying had been snuck to me by Drista when she found out we were planning on visiting him. It included some clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste, and deodorant.

“Come on in.” George said as we walked into the house. “Dream is still up in the bedroom. I set up my PC to go on Netflix and he’s watching a movie.”
“We brought heaps of snacks.” Karl grinned. “Maybe we can join you.”
“I’m sure that Dream would be happy to see you both.” George nodded.

This all felt completely extreme, I couldn’t help but think as I followed the two human friends up the stairs. I mean, Dream having to hide out at George’s house because his Grandmother is an old fashioned werewolf who hates the idea of interspecies romance. It didn’t feel like my place to say anything though, instead I kept quiet.

The blond was on the bed in George’s room, just like his soulmate had said. He was wrapped in one of George’s blankets and he didn’t react to us at all as we entered the bedroom, instead just hugging one of the brunette’s pillows closely. “Dream,” George spoke softly, catching his attention. “Sapnap and Karl have come to visit.”

Dream looked over to see us and gave a small ‘hey’ before looking back at the TV. I could see that he was anxious, fidgeting with his fingers and refusing to make much eye contact. The blond seemed completely on edge.

It was understandable though. He’d left his home, which is his safe space. Now he was somewhere else and was already worried about his grandmother, and now probably had a lot of other things he was worried about which I couldn’t begin to comprehend.

“We brought you some gifts.” Karl explained, offering out the bag he had been carrying to Dream. The blond cautiously took it and muttered a small ‘thanks’ before looking inside to see its contents. “There’s some food, and movies, and a couple of other things too that we thought you’d like.”

“Drista also brought over a bag of clothes for us to bring to you. There’s also your toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant.” I told him. “Figured that if you were staying here it would be better than wearing the same clothes for who knows how long.” I put the bag that I’d been carrying on the floor beside the bed and watched as Dream eyed it cautiously.

George had settled himself on the bed beside Dream and was joining him in looking at the gifts we’d brought. “Look Dream,” he smiled at his soulmate as he pulled something out. “They brought us a blanket, isn’t that nice.” Dream nodded and muttered a thank you before wrapping it around him and George effortlessly. Then his attention was back on the movie.

I smiled pitifully at the pair of them. It just seemed so unfair that the world seemed to think they shouldn’t be allowed to love each other even though they are soulmates. That just because one of them is a human that they’d ‘ruin’ the legacy of one of the most powerful werewolf packs in the United States.

Karl and I both decided that perhaps we could stay and watch the movie with the two of them for a while, and so we sat down on the air mattress Karl had been sleeping on while he stayed here, with me allowing Karl to lay on me so that he would be comfortable. It was perfect, I was enveloped with the smell of the brunette all around me, it was heaven.

We watched the movie, although I was more focused on laying around and just being able to hold my soulmate. My hand ran through his soft hair, as I laid entranced with the beautiful softness that it possessed.

George POV.

Dream was hugging my waist tightly, inhaling my scent as he watched the film. I guess that it was like popcorn for him, the smell that he’d happily deal with throughout the entire movie. I also guess that he must be on edge as my room was (as he would say) tainted by the scent of Sapnap and Karl.

My head was aching, and I needed some fresh air. I wanted to be able to go out into the sun for just a few minutes and have been wanting to do so all morning. But I hadn’t said anything to the blond, since he was definitely worse off than I was and I didn’t want to leave him alone.

Now though Sapnap and Karl were here, so I wouldn’t have to worry about leaving him alone while he was upset. I wriggled around in the werewolf’s grasp so that I could somewhat face him before pressing a kiss to his forehead.

That caught his attention, causing his gaze to shift away from the movie to look at me, his gaze soft and anxious. “Can you let me go for a minute?” I asked him softly. “I just want a bit of fresh air.” His look grew even more distressed but I calmed him with another kiss. “I’ll just be outside for just a few minutes.”

When Dream didn’t say anything I added on, “Sapnap can stay here with you to finish the movie, and Karl can come with me to make sure nothing bad happens.” That reassured him slightly, and his hands moved from my waist to clutch at the bed sheets.
“Be safe.” He simply told me, and I nodded in assurance before climbing off the bed.

Karl wriggled himself out from Sapnap’s grasp and the two of us walked out of the room. Neither of us said a word until we got downstairs and out into the backyard. “That was tense.” Karl said, allowing himself to giggle as he did. I convinced myself to smile alongside him. “How has Dream been doing?”

“Well he’s upset, and more clingy than usual.” I responded, “and he’s quiet as well. Probably has a lot to think about.” As we walked out of the backyard and began strolling through the bush I glanced over my shoulder, expecting to see the werewolves lurking in the window and watching us, but they weren’t there.

“It is super sad what he’s going through.” Karl shook his head as he spoke. “But it’s cool that we get to hang out again, since I am going back to North Carolina in a couple days.”
“Yeah it is cool.” I responded.
_________________________________________
1167 words