Chapter 82: Shifting

No more Karlnap. Back to Dream and George and their stressfulness. 🙄
_________________________________________
George POV.

I listened quietly to the conversation between the parents and their son, all three of them talking about issues which were, at the end of the day, my fault. Tears silently pricked at my eyes because of what they were talking about.

I wanted to leave the room, so I didn’t have to listen to what was being said, however Dream was holding onto me and I couldn’t move. Even if I wanted to leave the room my presence was giving Dream comfort, and he needed it much more than I did. So after taking a deep breath I just settled back against the blond.

“So what do we do?” I heard Dream’s mother ask, looking over at her I saw that her attention was focused on her husband.
“I’ve tried talking down members of the pack council and their supporters but they aren’t listening to what I’ve said.” James said solemnly.

“Most of them had been mad when they found out about George, except they weren’t worried about the ‘purity’ like my parents were. Instead most of them were wanting to protect the pack, they were worried that George and his family would reveal us to the world if they were allowed to stay, so they wanted the three of them to be forced out.”

“But I haven’t revealed it to the rest of the world.” I responded, shifting in my soulmate’s tight grip in order to look his father in the eye. “The only other person who’s found out is Karl. It’s just me, him, and my parents who know about our existence.”
“Could we show that to them?” Dream’s mother asked. “Prove George hasn’t told everyone?”

“It won’t matter now.” The older blond shook his head. “After the attack on my parents it just reinforced their beliefs that Dream was no longer fit to lead the pack, since he attacked a previous alpha who had dedicated her entire life to improving the pack.”

For a few moments there were no words, only the fact that Dream was sobbing silently. I moved closer to him, not sure if there was anything I could say but knowing that me being close would be able to help in some capacity. When he began shaking I only hugged him tighter, until he pushed me off and rushed upstairs.

I only waited another two seconds before hurrying off after him, feeling concerned that the love of my life was in distress. His parents didn’t try and follow as we both hurried up the staircase, with me a few steps behind him. When running after the blond I saw Drista was lurking at the top of the staircase, having been trying to eavesdrop on our conversation.

“George?” She asked, causing me to stop and look over at her. “What’s going on? Why did Dream look so upset?” Her entire demeanour showed that she was overfilled with concern for her brother, and I hesitated before quickly shaking my head.
“I can’t tell you now. Dream needs me… but -uh ask your parents.”

It was clear that she wanted to ask me some more questions but I hurried into Dream’s room and shut the door before she got the chance. I looked around the room for any sign of the blond but there wasn’t any, so I carefully walked over to the closet.

He was laying in his nest, just as you’d expect him to. The blond had shifted into his wolf form and was nudging around his blankets and clothes, attempting to rearrange them without the use of opposable thumbs. Without saying a word I moved over and sat down on the edge of his nest, immediately catching his attention.

The werewolf moved over to me, his beautiful round eyes full of tears and he curled up around me. His head was on my lap and I instantly began brushing my hand through his fur. “I’m so sorry,” I whispered as I continued my movements. “This is all my fault. If it weren’t for me then your pack wouldn’t hate you.”

All that I got in response was a simple whine and so I continued. “Although I know that we started this relationship off really badly, I love you, and if you need I can give you space while you sort it all out, or I could stay. Whatever you want, really.” Dream went to lick my hand, seemingly a way of saying that he wanted me to stay.

I smiled, the hand which wasn’t licked pulled away from the fluffy fur that I had brushed with my fingers. Once again Dream whined, but I hushed him lovingly. “I’m just taking my hoodie off for a moment,” I reassured, "don't worry.” Then I pulled my particularly baggy hoodie (well the hoodie which I had stolen from Dream to wear into town this morning) off.

After that I pulled the shirt I was wearing (which was actually my shirt), and draped the shirt over Dream’s back. His tail dared to wag briefly as it covered him like a blanket. My scent enveloped him and he looked up at me lovingly as I pulled his hoodie back on, over my now bare chest. I laid back once I was done, making myself comfortable with my hand running through his fur.

“What do you want to do, Dream?” I asked the wolf, despite knowing that he wouldn’t be able to answer. “Your whole town hates you and it’s all my fault. I am so sorry.” He continued to whine out. “Is there any way that you’d be able to get them to forgive you? Like charity work or creating some werewolf peace treaty or something?”

My offers didn’t seem helpful so I shook my head. “I’m sorry, none of these are very good. I don’t know why I am suggesting stuff.” My defeat in trying to help him seemed to upset the werewolf even more. I watched as he wormed his way over to me and managed to wiggle himself into the space between the hoodie and my chest.

“Okay then…” I chuckled as he moved as far up in the hoodie as he could, giving wolfish licks and kisses along my chest. “You are so gross. It tickles.” I laughed as he continued his assault. “But no biting please, your teeth are sharp.” For a few moments he continued before curling up on my chest, covering me with cream coloured fur.

“I love you so much.” I told the wolf, wrapping my arms around the wolf from over the fabric in a hug. “I want to be able to help you in any way possible. I promise that I will figure out something.” It seemed as if Dream had drifted off to sleep while curled up on me.

Although I could barely breathe with the large weight on my chest, I felt comfortable with Dream so close to me and I quickly drifted off to sleep.
_________________________________________
1214 words

Voting for next story will be up after this! So if you are interested in seeing what future stories have to hold (and if you should stick around or not) then go check it out!