As much as I hate to admit

"What is this?" Y/N looks at the woman in anger and confusion as they walk out the room towards the lab.

"We have Assembly woman Park Eun-hee and a few other government officials in quarantine. Firefighter Nam So-ju escaped from this zone and she helped him, when it was clearly stated to them that whether they're results are positive or negative they are not to leave this quarantine zone under any conditions."

"Was a rescue team sent to see if he was right about his daughter being in trouble?" Y/N stops walking to look at her.

"Y-yes ma'am" she replies hesitantly. "Oh really? Then how come I never saw them?" she raises her voice making everyone in the lab look at her. "I'm sorry ma'am? I don't understand" the woman asks confused.

"I was with his daughter this whole time in Hyosan High, who also happens to be my bestfriend, so if you sent a rescue team why wasn't I here early or why aren't any of my friends here?!" she yells at her.

Y/N knows that the woman is older than her but lying about someone's life is not something to be forgiven.

She turns to face everyone in the lab "I want one thing to be clear here from now on. I don't know or neither do I care how Jin Seon-mu nim has been running things here. From now on all activities will be reported to me, even the smallest things I don't care how small, I want updates from all field teams right away, also a list of all areas that have been searched and cleared is to be sent my way. Also, if any and I mean ANY" she turns to look at the woman behind her "thinks of lying to me about anything at all, pack your stuff and leave, if anyone has any problem with this conditions you may pack your things and may leave. Anyone?" she asks looking around no one moves, Y/N nods her head "Get to work" everyone scrambles around continuing their work and few getting her the things she asked for.

Sitting in room with a desk and the necessary things she needs for now, Y/N is reviewing everything to catch up with everything.

She hears a knock on her door, and she says come in without looking up at the door. She sees a man bow at her from her side, so she looks up to see it was a man. His name tag said 'In Gyu-sik'.

"Yes?"

"Ma'am the laptop that we got from Hyosan High has videos from a man named Lee Byeong-chan, we have a policeman saying Lee Byeong-chan claimed this laptop contained the cure to this virus."

"Where is this laptop now?"

"Waiting for you in the investigation room."

"Let's go then" Y/N gets up and he nods following her from behind.

As she enters the room everyone bows down to her and gets a chair to sit on. "Ma'am starting the video now."

"A virus must have a consistent pattern for us to create a vaccine." Growling is heard from the video.

"But the Jonas Virus... transforms and evolves on its own. It is an ever-changing monster. It's impossible to create a vaccine. There is only one solution." There is a silence when he speaks up again

"Slaughter." Y/N's eyes widen.

"Completely burning and killing the host, so not a single cell remains. The moment we are consumed by arrogance and think we can defeat the virus, humankind will end."

The video stops. "The file was massive, so we couldn't analyze it all, but a significant portion of it is credible, ma'am." Y/N looks blankly at the man who just spoke "And where is the proof for that?" she asked.

"Well, KDCA is creating a virus using the exact method he described. If they create the same virus, then the KDCA will conclude it's credible." She scoffs in disbelief. "Well... Many soldiers are going insane from this thing, but... It's scarier when a scientist goes crazy."