Chapter 4

A few months have past, the girls where mostly busy with exams. They've written their Mock and WAEC Examination and they've registered for JAMB. It's June 22-2018 and it's the twins birthday, the girls made a surprise gift box for Chichi and her brother, Umaima suggested that keep it low key because all the students where busy reading for NECO exams and it will be weird to have any celebration for now.

Their School have a strick policy of 'No Malpractice' which includes SS3 students. It didn't matter that they had a lot on their plait, who ever is caught doing exam malpractice will be withdrawn from the school instantly.

Umaima signals to Khaltume and Zarah to act normally around Chichi, they wanted her to think that they forgot about the her birthday. As Chichi and James entered the classroom, they looked gloomy, Chichi looks like someone who had just cryed, they even came to school late today which was unusual.

"James... are you alright "their Class teacher asked.

"Uhm yea... yes sir I'm fine" James answered with a fake smile.

"Hmm, if you say so. I want you to write the list of names of everyone in this class and their signature " the teacher turns to the class "You're all are lucky that your set is well behaved, the principals plans to do a Graduation ceremony at the end of this term"

The Class members where all excited as there haven't been a Graduation ceremony in four years.

James wasn't really paying attention, he went back to his seat, wrote his name and his Sisters name and signature then pass it to others to do so, his friends have been asking him why he was behaving strangely but he only lied about being stressed.  He looks at where Chichi sat with her head on the desk probably crying, her friends where confused but didn't say anything as their class teacher was still around.

                   *************

"Haba Habiba,  when will you tell her. Look it's not that I'm rushing you or something but we don't have much time..."

"Baban Muhsin Wallahi you'll have to create time because this is not just a bed time story that I'll tell and then move on. Gaskiya you'll have to give me more time, this is my only daughter we're talking about"

"She's also my daughter, why are you talking as if you're the only one who gave birth to her"

"Well with the way you're behaving, I doubt if you've ever considered her as your daughter..." Zarah's mom fumes while tears rolled down her cheeks. She folded her arms and looks the other way.

Zarah's dad signed, he really doesn't like arguing with his wife but she has to understand that he has already made his decision.  As much as it pains Zarah's dad, he knew he had to talk to his daughter himself.

                $$$$$$$$$$$$

"Hey chichi it's ok, you've been crying for almost two hour now nonstop" Khaltume said has she consoled chichi. It's break time but she couldn't go out because Chiamaka was still crying. James was there too but he didn't say anything, his eyes was so red as he tried to console Chiamaka too.

"James can you please tell us what's going on, seriously you guys can't be like this all day" Zarah said worried.

Chiamaka raises her head and wiped her cheeks,  he gave her friends a weak smile then hiccups " sorry for making you guys so worried..."

"It's fine, now can you please tell us what's going on"

James checks his wrist watch " I think it's prayer time for you guys,  why don't y'all go and pray first before she tells you what happened.  I'm going to the canten anyways so she'll wait for you there. James practically dragged chichi from her friends to calm her down. (Awwwwn the boy really loves his twin sister🤩🤩🤩).