One Long Bus Ride

Beca's P.O.V

"Hey!" I exclaimed when I opened the door to my room to see all the Bellas waiting for me.

"What up, Shawshank?" Amy greeted.

"Did you get yourself a bitch?" Cynthia Rose asked. 

"Did they spray you with a hose?" Amy asked. 

"You guys waited up for me?" I said sounding surprised.

"Of course we waited up for you." Chloe said. 

"They've been here for hours. It's a real inconvenience, Beca." Kimmy Jin complained before leaving. 

"Beca, I'm glad you're here. I'm calling an emergency Bella meeting." Aubrey said standing up. 

"No." Fat Amy groaned.

"First up... Our score sheet revealed that the Sockappellas almost beat us. And Fat Amy, you need to do it exactly how we rehearsed it, okay? No surprises."  

"We should be taking risks. It's not enough to be good, we need to put ourselves out there, be different." I explained. 

"Beca's right. The Trebles never sing the same song twice." Cynthia Rose pitched in. 

"The audience love the Trebles, they tolerate us. We could change the face of a cappella if we...Oh, my God, that sounded so queerballs. What's happening to me? Let me show you this arrangement I've been working on." 

I walked over to my stuff and pulled up some music tabs on my laptop. 

"I didn't know you were into this stuff." Chloe said surprised.

"Yeah."

My eyes darted to the small song tab in the corner. 

 - Jacob's Remix -

Jacob had sent me a remix of a song he liked by Sia that he thought I might enjoy. I still hadn't listened to it. I needed to wait before doing so.

"Okay, I have the pitch pipe, and I say that we focus on the set list as planned. From now on, there will be no more wasting time with work or school or boyfriends or partners. Sorry, Cynthia Rose." Aubrey stated.

"But Aubrey, this stuff is pretty cool. I mean..." Chloe tried to push back but- 

"Okay. Rehearsal tomorrow, 8:00 a.m. sharp."

* * *

"This is my track! You're playing my song right now! That is awesome! You like it? You put it on the radio! That is amazing!" I exclaimed running into the studio trying to get Luke's attention.  

"It's a sick beat." He replied.

"Yeah, I always thought her beats were pretty sick." Jesse said intervening. 

Jacob looked over from the corner and glared at Jesse.

'Oh boy. They're fighting now.' I thought to myself.

"Hey, Becky, listen, spring break, I want you to take the night shift. Play your music. The DJ at the Garage does a brilliant version of this, but yours? It's better."