𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 -𝐀𝐧 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧-

I was awake before sunrise as I walked up the many steps leading to the monastery. The cool mountain breeze blew through my hair, and I took a deep breath as I tried to calm my growing nerves. Don't get me wrong, I was excited to see Nya, especially since I'd never seen her house before. But I'd be lying if I said I was excited to be in the same space as the Ninja.

It's not like I hated them. Despite their immature handling of Lloyd, they seemed like good enough people. Even then, I couldn't hold it against them too much. I let my anger get the best of me, and in doing so, I acted immaturely as well.

Nothing will happen as long as I keep my distance and act friendly. I told myself. I hadn't realized I had reached the top of the steps until I stood before the giant red doors. I sighed, hesitating for only a moment before I pressed the doorbell. A long gong clanging filled my ears, and I jumped back, looking around in confusion.

Once my beating heart slowed, I awkwardly shuffled on my feet as I waited. After a few more seconds, I leaned my ear against the door, trying to hear if there were any signs of life on the other side. But either the doors were incredibly thick, or no one was coming. I debated ringing the doorbell again but decided against it. Instead, I rapped my knuckles against the wood and took a giant step back.

I didn't have to wait long before the large doors slowly opened, revealing a certain tired and annoyed red ninja. I stiffened slightly as his hazy gaze moved to my figure, and the frown on his face deepened.

"Why are you here?" He groaned, rubbing his eyes as he tried to wake himself up. I forced a patient smile onto my face, which only annoyed him further as he shot me a suspicious glare. Usually, I would've been more intimidated by the quick-to-anger Ninja, but currently, he had a severe case of bedhead, and his striped pajamas weren't helping him either.

Don't laugh. Don't laugh. I repeated the mantra in my head, taking a quick moment to compose myself before I spoke.

"Nya invited me up," I explained. His brows furrowed, but before he could say anything, he was suddenly pushed from my view, a certain black-haired girl taking his place.

"Chi, you made it!" Nya exclaimed, quickly grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside. "Don't mind, Kai. He's a bit grumpy in the morning." She offhandedly added, gesturing to the boy lying down in the dirt. The male in question muttered something under his breath as he stood up, sending his sister a sharp look as he did.

She ignored his scathing glare with a wave as she beckoned me further inside. I sent the male an apologetic look before focusing on the area around me, and my jaw dropped at the sight.

The monastery seemed bigger than it did on the outside as the area circled me. Gold highlights and columns were everywhere, but the giant golden dragon in the middle of it all stood out to me the most. Nya smirked at my expression, walking over to a statue and flicking up the top, revealing a button inside.

"If you are impressed now, you're about to lose your mind." With the dramatic display, she pushed the button, and the area before me transformed. The golden dragon and random parts of the floor started to rise. I quickly moved out of the way as wooden poles slowly rose, my eyes wide with wonder. I was surrounded by training equipment when it was finished, and my jaw fell open again.

"Woah..." I murmured, spinning as I took in the sight around me. Nya chuckled, lightly bumping her shoulder with mine as she walked past me.

"What are you waiting for?" She teasingly called back. I quickly snapped out of my stupor, following her.

* * * * *

Sweat rolled down my spine as I leaped across the wooden poles, trying my best not to fall. The sun was over the top of the monastery walls, bathing me in its heat. Nya screamed her encouragement as I rushed through the course, though I barely noticed. I smoothly jumped to the spinning axes, ducking and leaping over them. Nya and I had been training for a while now, and after she showed me the ropes, I was ecstatic to try the course out for myself.