Day 25: House party

(This is a Stranger things AU)

🍾🍾🍾

Keith let out a sigh of relief as his feet hit the sidewalk, finally feeling that he was outside the Holts' backyard. Even though they were only going to a summer evening party (which he had actually used as an excuse to invite her out as a real date), he was dead scared when he picked her up in his new red car (a gift from Shiro) with Colleen had threatened to snap him in half if he tried to make Katie come home late, Sam had sworn to kick him out of afternoon space science classes if she came home drunk, and Matt had threatened to cut off his penis if he ever dare to touch her (he took the scissors as he said it).

Katie walked over to him, wrapping her hands around his arm and guiding him towards the car, her tight, short dress fluttering with every step.

"Matt makes you wear something like this?" he pointed out, starting the engine and starting to drive.

"We had a bitter quarrel about it": she replied, adjusting her lipstick looking at the mirror, to then look at him: "He threatened you, didn't he?"

"Exactly": he replied, looking at the road and parking a few houses away from the one of the party, but they didn't get off immediately: "You think your brother is afraid of the Mind Flayer?"

"Come on! Matt doesn't even know the Mind Flayer exists!": She exclaimed, bouncing her hands on her thighs as he shrugged and stepped out of the car.

"Look, I know that a lot of shit has happened in these three years, but tonight, at least tonight, can we pretend we're just normal teenagers?!": she exclaimed, grabbing his cheeks with her hands and looking at him: "No Mind Flayer, no Russian dudes hiding in the mall, no Upsidedown, ok?"

"Only us": he repeated, giving her a quick kiss and then taking her by the hand and leading her to the house where they could hear the music and lights. There were a lot of boys and girls dancing, throwing toilet paper and drinking a strange dark red drink. Neither of them had any idea why Lance had decided out of the blue to throw such a party, with the Mind Flayer and his people around, but everyone needed a break after all.

"You think Lance invited his girlfriend?" Keith yelled, approaching the kitchen island, filled with food and drinks.

"The one from summer camp in England?! I don't think she's going to travel to another continent for a simple party": Katie chuckled: "If he ever had a girlfriend!"

He laughed back as she shifted her attention to the table, waving her hands and feet in time to the music, reaching for an open but still nearly full bottle.

"What is it?": she asked, reading the label but understanding that she was in a foreign language.

"It's Italian wine," Hunk replied, popping up suddenly as he ate some pizza and chips, while his girlfriend Shay nibbled on his plate moving from his right shoulder to left.

"I brought it": Shay replied, chewing: "My parents took it on their travels, then they became stems and it would be a waste to leave them there"

Katie smiled, giving her a thumbs up, removing the cap and taking a sip. She made a happy expression and kept drinking until half bottle.

"Katie, I promised your father to bring you home undrunk!" Keith rolled his eyes as she staggered as the alcohol surged through her brain.

"But I'm perfectly fiiiiiine": she hummed, shrugging to the music and approaching him: "Let's daaaaance"

"Katie, you're obviously drunk," he pointed out as she took his hand and led him into the middle of the DIY dance floor of Lance's house. She started to dance, holding that drunken smile on her mouth as she had her hands clasped between his. He felt embarrassed for a moment: he had never been to many large parties and he certainly had never unloaded dancing among other people.

"Hey, Keith": he looked at her when he heard her call and she wasted no time getting up on her toes and giving him a passionate kiss. He opened his mouth to say something, but she took the opportunity to deepen the kiss and slide her tongue in, studying his palate and leaving a sour alcohol taste.

"You're beauuuuuutiful": she exclaimed, breaking the kiss and drinking some more from her bottle. He blushed furiously, snatching the bottle from her hands and pulling her out of the house, towards his car.

"But Keeeef": she whined, "We were having fun!"

"Katie, you're drunk, we have to go back to your house, hoping your parents don't kill us!" Keith exclaimed, taking her bride style so he could walk faster.

"The Mind Flayer will kill us": she grumbled, as he put her back on her passenger seat: "If you don't give me a kiss"

He turned looking at Katie, who had made puppy eyes. He rolled his eyes.

"No": he put on his belt.

"Not even a little one?" She persisted, leaning forward towards him, nimbly dodging the gears and sitting down on his lap, grabbing him by the collar of his jacket.

"Katie": he looked at her, raising an eyebrow: "Not in these conditions"

"Mm": she pouted at him, leaning forward and biting his lip: "Then I'll stay like this for the whole trip"

"It's a five-minute ride to your house": he pointed out: "I can handle it"

"You'll see that five minutes will be enough for me": she smiled, kissing him again.