past lovers

As Bloom and Icy argued in the middle of the training ground, the tension between them was palpable. They had been at it for hours, and neither seemed to be backing down. Suddenly, Icy had enough and lashed out.

She slapped Bloom across the face, causing the redhead to flinch and take a step back. Bloom's mind went back to Jessica, an old lover who had been abusive towards her. She felt a wave of panic wash over her, and she couldn't seem to catch her breath.

Icy's expression softened as she realized what had just happened. "Bloom...I didn't mean to...I'm so sorry."

Bloom was shaking, her eyes wide as she tried to control her breathing. She managed to nod her head, and Icy took a step closer. She wrapped her arms around the redhead and pulled her close.

"I'm sorry, Bloom. I didn't mean to hurt you. Please, forgive me." Icy's voice was soft, and Bloom could feel her heart racing as Icy's lips brushed against hers.

It was a gentle kiss, but it sent a jolt through Bloom's body. She wrapped her arms around Icy and kissed her back, forgetting all about Jessica and the pain that she had caused her.

In that moment, all that mattered was the two of them - together, and in love.

As they pulled away, Bloom breathed a sigh of relief and smiled at Icy. "I forgive you, Icy. I love you."

Icy smiled back, relief washing over her. "I love you too, Bloom." They embraced once more, holding each other close, and feeling content that they had resolved their differences.