Chapter 3

--- Raine's pov ---

Finally, the day has come. Today is when I perform in front of 1500 people. I had to leave Brooke with my sister because she wasn't allowed to come. At least I'm meeting with Eda after so I can talk with her about everything.

I walked onto the podium where I was supposed to be to conduct the orchestra and searched the crowd for Eda as people clapped at me. Then, I saw her. She was dressed in a beautiful and elegant dark red dress. She smiled at me, and I smiled back at her.

I turned around and started conducting the orchestra. At first, I was a little nervous, but as time went on, I sank in the music and started to enjoy it. When the orchestra finished playing, I turned around and bowed to the audience. There were many rounds of applause as the orchestra members left the stage.

At last I went outside the concert hall and saw Eda waiting for me. She hugged me and lifted me up, saying," You did so good!" She looked even more gorgeous up close. I was pretty sure I looked like a tomato, but luckily, it was dark, and she didn't see my blush. "Um, there is a park a few blocks away from here. Do you want to go on a walk?" I asked, still blushing. "Okay!" She said.

--- Eda's pov---

We arrived at the park and sat down on a bench. "I should've brought a jacket. It's fucking cold out here," I muttered under my breath. They were about to say something, but they were hesitant. They looked nervous.

Raine ended up saying," I know it's cheesy, but..." They looked away, giving me their jacket. I smiled at the small gesture of kindness. They are so sweet. I gently took their jacket and put it on. I leaned towards them. "It's not cheesy, just kind." I heard them chuckle.

--- Raine's pov ---

We sat on the bench and talked for hours. "We should go now. It's getting late," She said. On our way to the exit, a football hit Eda on her head, and she fainted. I had no choice but to carry her to my house because I didn't know where she lived.

I placed her gently on my couch and left to get a glass of water. When I came back, she was already waking up. She turned turned around on the couch, so I assumed she thought this was her bed. "Are you ok?" I asked her. I heard her mutter under her breath," Dang, gave me a heart attack."

I tried not to laugh as she realized she was in my apartment. "Wait... where am I?" She said, still half asleep." Well, a football hit you in the head, you fainted, and I brought you here because I don't know where you live." I explained.

"What time is it?" She asked. "22:45," I said. "I have to call Lily to tell her to stay with Luz for a bit longer cause I told her I'd pick her up at 23:00," She said. "If you want, you could stay the night here? It's really late, and I don't think Luz will be awake when you go to pick her up." I said.

--- Eda's pov ---

Raine went outside the room as I called Lilith. She picked up the phone.

"Edalyn? Why are you calling me? You're gonna see me in a few minutes,"

"Yeah... About that, could you stay with Luz for tonight? I fainted, and I think I'm going to stay in Raine's apartment tonight,"

"... Are you sure you fainted, or is this just an excuse to stay over in your crush's house? "

"LILY!"

"Ah, sorry. Yes, I can stay with Luz tonight. Come tomorrow to pick her up at 11:00 if that's ok with you,"

"Perfect, thank you so much, Lily. I owe you one. By the way, has Luz been good?"

"Yes, she is so well-behaved. You raised her well."