Freaks

After washing dishes and cleaning up, Sif and Havelock found themselves silently musing in Marcus's room. No matter how he tried, Havelock had no way to help the monster man in any way that counted, he was missing something crucial, and unfortunately, he felt like he didn't have the time to find it. He sat at a desk full of pieced together equipment, long silent, no bubbles or baubles to indicate that they were scientific in nature. The desk may as well have been ornamental, because by this point, all he was doing was staring at a resident he couldn't save.

"Any ideas?" he turned to Sif, who sat on the other side of the patient, but her eyes only gazed at the scientist in front of her

"I don't suppose I could try kissing him?"

"What? No, you can't do that!" he flushed, then turned away like he had more pressing things to do

"Why not?" she shrugged "It worked on you,"

"Yes... well, I mean... with me it was different. I was completely saturated, our friend Marcus is only infused,"

"Are those scientific terms?"

Havelock looked at her over his book of notes, hiding his reddened cheeks.

"...the brain is unaffected... his body is that of a beast, but there is a tiny bit of empty space still in there, still keeping him human,"

"And you have no way of getting filth to his brain?"

"If I did, i'd be able to equalise him, y'know, like I do to myself when I sip my potion,"

Sif looked at him, then somewhat crudely, made a syringe gesture, sticking an imaginary needle into Marcus's eye and making a squeezing sound.

"I doubt that would work, the filth needs to be carried there naturally or it'll probably burst his head,"

Sif sighed "Well, we wouldn't want that, not after the nice dinner Maggy made us,"

"You helped too," Havelock replied, watching her as she stood up and began to pace around the room

"Sure I did," She chuckled sarcastically, then approached him from behind and ran her gloved claws through his hair

If Havelock weren't trying to save the population of this city, he would've shut his eyes and allowed the exhaustion to take over, lulled into sleep by Sif's presence and touch. He leaned back and looked up at her as she smiled down at him. There was work to be done, but it seemed that Sif could not spend a moment without letting him know that she was right there next to him. She leaned down and whispered something into his ear, her breath tickling his neck.

"You want to know something Havelock?" She trilled, leaning against him

"Mhm?"

"I'm..." She took a deep breath in, brushing the fur of her face past his with an alluring slowness "Hungry," She said flatly, discontinuing the sensual tone of her words

Havelock snorted in disbelief, which prompted her to chuckle and nip him on the ear, then stand back up to her full height.

"Do you want a snack? I'm going to go see if Maggy has any leftovers,"

"A coffee would be nice... see if I can jumpstart my big dumb brain,"

Sif traced around the room and turned to him with a bemused look in her brow "Havelock, you've hit a snag, you aren't stupid,"

He looked over all the formulas and tactics he tried and failed on his notebook "Sure feels like it sometimes,"

He heard the silk of Sif's dress move once again as she knelt by his side, the warmth of her gaze infectious and inspiring.