Chapter Five - An Angel With The Piano

Jimin has been noticing that there’s something weird about Hoseok these days. Usually, the dance captain would be obsessed with dancing. That’s how Jimin became his friend, after all. One of the many things they have in common is that they both live for dancing. When Jimin first joined the dance club, Hoseok was already there. He wasn’t the captain yet, but he was a very significant part of the team. They simply wouldn’t exist without him. He’s everyone’s friend. He’s always the bridge between the members, especially when they fight. Hoseok keeps the team intact, which is so much more important than just teaching them how to dance.

But because Hoseok also has the talent and leadership skills, he was made dance captain in his third year in the university. Hoseok is easily one of the most talented dancers in the whole university, and Jimin greatly respects Hoseok. Hoseok works really hard. He mentors all of them well, making sure not to leave anyone behind because one person out of tune with the movements will ruin the whole performance. Not only that, but he also makes himself available for any concern the members might have aside from dancing. He keeps the team’s morale up. He makes sure everyone is in their best state whenever they are dancing.

Hoseok works hard as a leader, but he works even harder as an individual.

Jimin dances all the time - and that is not even an exaggeration. That’s why he decided to pursue this degree, after all. He just wants to dance. That’s how he expresses himself. That’s how he makes himself the happiest. Jimin dances whenever he’s feeling positive emotions, smiling widely and thinking of all the happy moments of his day as he expresses his positivity with his movements. Jimin also dances when he’s sad or angry, letting out some steam and angst through his dance - with these moments making his dancing more aggressive than usual. And it helps. He can release all of his pent-up emotions through dancing, and that’s why he loves it so much.

So it’s not strange to see Jimin staying inside the dance studio longer than his peers. Most of them would just attend practice and meetings and leave as soon as they’re done with the agenda. Not Jimin. Jimin stays behind to dance. That has always been his priority - his purpose.

And that’s precisely how he got closer to Hoseok. Because just like him, Hoseok stays behind to dance too. When Jimin told him about how he expresses his emotions through dancing, Hoseok just understood him so well because that’s what Hoseok does too. Hoseok’s life revolves around dancing. There is nothing that Hoseok loves more than dancing.

So they stay inside the studio occasionally, even after everyone else is gone. They would dance together, talk about their day during their breaks, mull over some choreography together, and just have a great time hanging out as friends. That’s how they bond, after all.

But when Hoseok started leaving early and rushing off without telling Jimin where he was going, Jimin was intrigued. This is so unlike Hoseok. He values dancing more than anything else, so what could he possibly be doing? Jimin and Hoseok have been friends long enough to know each other’s class schedule, and Jimin is sure that Hoseok doesn’t have classes after the dance club practice and meetings.

So today, Jimin decides he'll follow Hoseok once and for all to find out what he’s been doing. Jimin feels a bit left out because Hoseok isn’t bringing him with him! He thought they were friends! Also, if this turns out to be something dangerous, Jimin has to do something to make sure Hoseok is okay! It’s his responsibility as his friend, after all.

As always, they finish their practice, and everyone prepares to leave the room. Jimin approaches Hoseok like he always does, patting his friend’s back and smiling at him. “Are you staying today, Hyung? Do you want to practice more with me?” he asks, even though he knows that Hoseok will definitely deny it because he’s always leaving to go somewhere lately.