Chapter 5

It has been a week since the duel. Not much has changed apart from everyone being busier than usual, Grace losing a few followers and giving the three a few glares here and there but that was it.

Today was an off day for their class because of a meeting being held which most of the teachers had to attend.

So the three where taking a walk around the school making a mental blueprint of the school but later stopped in there tracks as a girl with white hair and ocean blue eyes could be seen, she appeared to be looking for someone, not even bothered with here surroundings.

It didn't take her long to nearly crash into them."Hey, watch where your going". Valeria hissed, placing a hand on Diana stopping her before removing her hand, gaining Diana's attention.

"Ah, just the ladies I was looking for." Diana said unfazed by what just happened, Freya began to look around for a certain blonde haired girl but she was no where to be found. Diana noticed this and began speaking "No need to worry, Grace is not with me she is to busy preparing for the tournament."

"The tournament?"Astoria questioned.

"Oh, right you guys must have not been informed". Diana mockingly said as she placed a hand over her mouth.

"Then why don't you fill us in on this tournament over a cup of coffee?My treat of course." Freya offered, gesturing towards a small cafe nearby.

"Haha, you read my mind, however..." The white haired girl continued smiling from ear to ear"it will be my treat, consider it as an apology for my sister's behavior."

"You should be telling your sister to apologize, your apology means nothing to me, but I will be taking the coffee."Freya answered with a bored expression.

"Gotcha, but we must hurry I know a better place where we won't be disturbed."

~

"The tournament is an event held every 3years, it is a tournament held to pick the top 4 winners who will be going to join the Ravens."

"This tournament is considered very brutal because it is designed to pluck out the weak through many tests, some even touch deaths doors trying to pass this tournament while others are admitted into mental institutions."

"Then that can only mean that there is a huge benefit behind joining the Ravens, since so many are still willing to join this tournament despite knowing this". Her emerald green eyes stared back at the other with a hint of curiosity in them.

"That's right, ah.. Valeria?Agh I'm sorry, who am I talking to?" Diana inquired before looking back and forth at the two, trying to spot a difference but to no avail.They where an exact copy of one another.

"It's Astoria." she replied before taking a sip of her vanilla milkshake. Astoria hated the bitter taste of coffee and so did Valeria, it always made her wonder why her sister loved it so much to the point where she couldn't go a day without 5-6 cups of it.

"Okay, anyway back to what I was saying, the reason so many girls participate is because of the chance of getting scouted by one of the assassination groups while others do it for a chance to rise in rank." the girl said as she took a sip of her expresso.

Freya stared at the girl for a while before asking "So your planning on join the tournament too, correct me if I'm wrong but that is your only ticket out of here...right?"The mood of the room suddenly became tense.

Diana stopped before putting her mug down, a small grin now visible"Seems like someones done their homework, I would expect no less from the daughters of a top assassin and a world famous researcher." she giggled.

"Ex researcher actually...he past away a few weeks ago."Valeria added turning the rooms mood from unbearably tense to extremely awkward.

"Eh really??l-lm sorry to hear that." was all she could say, clearly embarrassed by the fact that she brought it up.

"If you're really sorry we would like to know as to why the adopted daughter of the Hollis family was snooping around for information about us." Astoria scoffed her voice was calm yet her face said it all, she was not happy.

Diana took time to slowly gather her thoughts before sitting up straight and tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear"Look I didn't mean to offend you, I just need your help in getting dirt on the Hollis family along with the school and I know you know as to where I can find it."

She was right, while the school looked like a dream to the outside world and those who where new to the school it was the opposite, you had to take in tasks and missions to eat and would be punished if you chose to rebel. It was a prison for those who stayed long enough to realize it, another reason why people join the tournament, to be given a chance to escape.

She needed to escape her families watchful eye as well as the school.

"Mph, we were in need of an accomplice so I don't see why not, however we would need to pass the tournament in order to get the information your looking for so let's do our best okay?"

Freya slowly getting up from her seat while the rest followed before formally extending her hand towards Diana which she took.

"I have a one question though."Diana replied before removing her hand "Shoot". "Was this your plan from the start, offering to pay for coffee, letting me explain as to what goes on in the tournament despite you knowing and teaming up with me."

Hearing this Freya couldn't help but smirk"You never cease to amaze me, I didn't expect you to catch on so quickly."

"And I just hate playing dum."Diana snickered " I think I'm gonna enjoy this partnership."

All rights reserved