Chapter 3: Testing Time

I walked towards the garden, where my first test would happen. "This is so exciting!" I thought to myself. I stood outside the glass with another researcher who was Dr. L. "Why are you here?" I asked holding a clipboard and pen in my hands. "Just thought I should be here with you since this is your first test." Dr. L replied. Two guards brought a weird plant looking...gootraxian. Yeah, that's it. They brought the creature into the garden, and it hugged a tree that was in the middle of the room. Me and Dr. L walked into the garden, because I was told this gootraxian is safe. I wrote notes down on my clipboard on how the gootraxian loved plants and nature, when it walked up to me and hugged me. This gootraxian was about as dangerous as a Slimepup. Or atleast, that's what Dr. L told me. In response to the hug, I hugged it back. The two guards stayed in the garden with us in case anything wrong happens. Apparently it was this gootraxian's first time interacting with plants. The gootraxian then let go of me, hugging Dr. L. "Alright." Dr. L said as he hugged it back. The gootraxian then let go of him, sitting by the tree. "This one's called a Plantix." Dr. L said. "Okay." I replied. "Alright, that's all. Let's get out of here." One of the guards said, directing it towards me and Dr. L. We then walked out of the garden, closing the door. The Plantix then fell asleep, and the guards walked away. "What do you think about your first interaction with an actual gootraxian?" Dr. L asked. "I don't know. I think I liked it. Are there any dangerous ones?" I asked. "Oh yeah. The Slimepups and Plantix are super friendly, but not the other ones." Dr. L replied. "It's nice to know that almost every gootraxian you have is hostile." I said. "Yeah..." Dr. L said.

I then checked the time by looking at a clock on the wall. "11:56 AM." I said, staring at the clock. "Yeah, you should head to the cafeteria now." Dr. L said. Dylan and Aaron then walked up behind me. Dr. L then walked towards the cafeteria. "Hey Mark." Dylan said. "Hello. We should head to the cafeteria. Almost time for lunch." I said. "Alright." Dylan replied. All three of us then walked towards the cafeteria, to be greeted by a chocolate looking gootraxian with a huge ice cream cone for a tail. "Uhhhh..." I said. "Come on, it's fine. I forgot to tell you this one's harmless too." Dr. L said behind the counter, patting the chocolate ice cream gootraxian on the back. "Their gootraxian name is Chocolate Sprinklekit. But you can call her Choco." Dr. L said. "Her? Is this a person? Is this just a joke?" I thought to myself. "Hello?" I asked. "Hi!" Choco replied. "Wait- they can talk?" I thought to myself. "Just ask her what you want to eat." Dr. L said, walking through a door, going back into the cafeteria. I looked at the menu for a second. "Ice cream burger? That just sounds weird." I thought to myself as I read the options on the menu. "Can I have one cheeseburger?" I asked. "Sure!" Choco replied. She ducked under the counter, grabbing a cheeseburger wrapped in tinfoil. She then handed it to me, and I grabbed it. I then sat down at a table with no one else on it. The line at the cafeteria was now 15 people including my friends. I then poked the cheeseburger, I don't know why. And hesitantly took a bite out of it. But to my surprise, it was actually warm, and tasted good, I mean- for cafeteria food, which was weird.

A few minutes later, I had finished my lunch. "12:30 already?" I thought to myself. I got up from my seat, walking towards the bathroom to wash my hands. Someone was in a stall right behind me as I washed my hands. It did not sound like they were having a good time in there. Maybe the tacos in this place are like the food at taco bell. I'm not going to think about that anymore. I turned the faucet on, then rubbed my hands in the water. I then took ONE squirt of soap and rubbed it in my hands. "God that dinosaur looks ugly..." I thought to myself. I then proceeded to rub my hands in the water, and dry off with an air dryer thing. I then walked out to see Dr. L. "Heya." He said. "Hello." I replied. "Dr. John wants you to go do a test." Dr. L said. "Alright, where to?" I asked. "The interrogation room. He also told me to tell you that you need bread for this one." Dr. L replied. "Why the hell would I need brea- you know, I'm not even going to question it." I thought to myself. "You alright bud?" Dr. L asked. "Yeah...just spacing out." I replied. Dr. L then pat me on the shoulder. "See ya." He said. I walked towards the interrogation room, to be greeted by two guards inside of the room, pulling in a Protogen with a net as I safely watched from the window. That Protogen seemed hostile, as it was trying to claw at the guards. The two guards then released the Protogen, and backing away slowly, getting out of the room. I then watched as the Protogen scratched at the wall. I still didn't know what to do with my piece of bread at the time, so I entered the room carefully with the piece of bread in my right hand. "Hey bud." I said. The Protogen then stopped clawing at the wall, seeming to calm down. It came up close to me and sniffed the bread. "Please don't kill me please don't kill me..." I thought to myself while squinting my eyes. "I'll be taking that." The Protogen...talked? I stood in shock.

The Protogen snatched the bread away from me and ate it. ((Don't ask me where the mouth is cause I don't even know)) The Protogen then spat the piece of bread out and it was...toast? "What the..." I said out loud, with a look of shock and confusion. "I need to get out of here..." The Protogen said. "I can't do that, sorry." I said. The Protogen then lept on top of me, growling. The two guards then came into the room. The Protogen then held tightly on my neck, holding me up. It was getting hard to breathe. The two guards then came in with stun batons, zapping the Protogen in the neck. "GAH!" The Protogen yelled. The zap forced the Protogen to then let go of my neck. I then gasped for air and entered the safe observation room again. "Oh my god...I was just trying to give you bread..." I said. The two guards and the Protogen were fighting for a minute until something happened. The lights flickered.