🍯🍐 Kaito Momota x Angie Yonaga

🍍[ Warnings ; Mention of arguing.]

🍍[ Other ; This comes from another book of mine, where I randomly pick characters and make a ship off them. ]

🍍 [ About ; Angie and Kaito get in an argument about laundry, so Angie makes some klepon to take a break, and to help talk through it with him. ]

🍍 ----- 🍍

Angie considers herself a baker, not so much a chef, but definitely a baker. The best part about it, was she never needed a recipe, she trusted her gods instincts and it always turned out perfect. Which, during situations like these, helped a lot.

Situations like these as in times when her and Kaito Momota would get into screaming fights for reasons that don't seem fight worthy. This one, just like always, was stupid, as it was over how to do the laundry. Angie Yonaga thought they were having a simple discussion over clothes, and when Kaito got loud, she increased her volume too.

She preferred hand-washing clothes because she found it gave her more control over the process. The fact that a few buttons had popped off Kaito's shirt meant nothing to her; she could easily sew them back on. However, Kaito didn't see eye to eye on the matter.

So, here she was making klepon, nearing the end. All that was left was to boil them, and hope they turned out as good as they looked from the internet and her god told her they would.

But again, Angie was a baker, and the recipes turned out perfect.

After around eight minutes of them boiling, the klepon balls rised up to the top of the water. Angie gave it another minute, and then spooned them out, and dropped them into the bed of coconut shreds.

She had twenty of them now, made and plated, ten for each of them. And by this point, she felt okay, so, holding onto her fiancé's plate, she walked it over to the room, and knocked. Kaito muttered a come in from the inside, so she took a deep breath and walked in.

Kaito glanced up and gave her a weak smile, then noticed the food in her hands, "Oh, something new? What is it?"

"Klepon, Indonesian sweet rice cakes. They are also called onde onde in Malaysia and Singapore." Angie extended the plate over to Kaito, and he sat up from the bed to take it. "Atua told me they are a traditional cuisine there, maybe it can help us find some comfort."

"They look good," Kaito commented, grabbing one and popping it into his mouth before Angie could warn him about the hot melted sugar inside. He let out a surprised hiss of pain and managed to utter a few incomprehensible words as he went through the heat, finally swallowing it. "Wasn't expecting that."

Angie let out a soft giggle, and reached over to give him a bottle of water.

Kaito eagerly took the water, quickly chugging it down. "I think I burnt my tongue."

Angie placed her hand on Kaito's leg, "I apologize for arguing with you, again. I need to do better at recognizing when we do so."

Kaito remained silent as he capped his water bottle, and placed it down. He stared down at the floor, where his laundry was folded. Kaito placed his plate down on the bed, and stood up, going to the laundry to grab one of his shirts. "Ang, I 'preciate you doing it, but it's not how I like it done. My ma used to do my laundry, but I felt like shit with that. I think we should get a machine, and then I'll hang up my shit." Kaito unfolded the shirt, and brought it close to Angie so she could see the buttons, "You sew great, truly, but, it's not the same as the others. Plus, I feel bad. You already stay home and do shit, I don't think you should be doing my shit too."

Angie nodded, as she reached on her plate for a klepon. It tasted absolutely divine. The sweet, sticky rice cake burst with flavors of palm sugar and coconut. The soft, chewy texture combined with the crunch of the shredded coconut made it better. Angie couldn't help but smile as she savored the deliciousness.

Kaito observed Angie's reaction, his expression softening. He could see the genuine joy on her face, brought by the simple act of sharing food. He knew how fortunate he was to have someone who cared so deeply about him.

"I'm sorry too, Angie," Kaito spoke softly, stepping closer to her. "I didn't mean to make you feel like you have to do everything for me. We're partners, and I want us to share the load."

She reached out and took his hand, intertwining their fingers. "Let's get a washing machine, and I'll help you set it up. If thats what you would like."

Kaito's eyes sparkled with gratitude, and he squeezed Angie's hand gently. "That sounds like a plan. And no more fights over laundry, alright?"

They both chuckled, feeling the tension dissipate.

The two of them went silent, just holding hands, and occasionally grabbing some of the food to eat. Angie felt peaceful, and okay. When their plates were finished, Kaito grabbed them and placed them on the bedside table, then collapsed next to Angie, pulling her into a hug. "I need to remember you have a different upbringing." He whispered in her ear, then he paused, "I don't mean that negatively, ya' know?"

Angie nodded against his chest in silence.

"I really do love you, Ang." Kaito's breath hit her ear, making her slightly shudder. "I really do."

Angie pushed herself further into Kaito's arms, "I love you, Kaito."