Chapter Fifteen: The Cold

A/N: This chapter is kinda long...I think...
There's like...a single curse word so.....
😐

Ni-ki walks into the living room and sees Sunoo asleep on the couch. He walked over to him and looked down at him.

He looked...so peaceful.

Innocent.

Carefree.

Ni-ki leaned down and shifted until he was laying beside Sunoo in the small space. Sunoo's eyes fluttered open at the shift of weight and he studied the young boy's face through squinted eyes.

"It's been a while." Sunoo whispers. Ni-ki was silent, looking back at Sunoo. He leaned forward and hid his face in Sunoo's chest. Sunoo wrapped his arm around him and ran his fingers through Ni-ki's hair.

"Is something wrong?" Sunoo asks gently. Ni-ki focused on the sound of Sunoo's heart.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

"Yes." Ni-ki sighs, his voice barely audible against Sunoo's shirt. Sunoo frowns and carefully undoes a knot in Ni-ki's hair.

"Okay. Do you want me to be quiet or do you want to talk about it?"

Ni-ki wrapped his arm around Sunoo's torso and held him close, closing his eyes.

"I just want to stay here for a few minutes, then I'll feel better." Ni-ki mumbles. Sunoo closed his own eyes again and leaned his head on Ni-ki's. He rubbed his back gently, the same way his sister used to do for him.

Sunoo felt Ni-ki's breaths slow after a minute or so, his body became less tense as he relaxed against him. It reminded him of their debut days, Ni-ki often slept with him then. Sometimes Sunoo wondered why he chose him out of all the members, but then he realized he was the same way.

He understood.

What it was like to love someone. To want to hold them close and protect them from harm. He felt the same way, towards Ni-ki. He didn't like being very clingy, but it wasn't the same with Ni-ki.

Ni-ki really was like a little brother...or a best friend. Someone he wanted to hold tightly and guard. Someone he wanted to watch grow and mature. Sunoo was beyond proud of him, and he knew he was lucky to have him. All of them.

His thoughts roamed to Sunghoon.

He didn't want things to stay like the way they were. He missed their friendship. He missed Sunghoon's smile and his awkward laughs.