2

*1 month later*

As I enter the school everyone turns to look then immediately they look away.

Good.

The halls were crowded as one would expect them to be.

Almost everyone joined in a pair or group heading towards their classes. I like to be alone, but I don't mind a few friends.

Honestly I'm excited to be here, school isn't that bad if u have amazing music taste and a pair of earphones. I head towards my homeroom, English. I tolerate English, but I really like history. I feel like with the right teacher history becomes more interesting. Like I would love to have my head rested while hearing the lesson being taught. Or is that because it's boring?

I enter the room and quickly take in my surroundings, it's a normal classroom, but it's really fancy looking. Something u would expect from one of the most fanciest school around.

I take a seat near the back next to a big window, we're on the first floor but the court yard is breathtaking here at DeLacour Hall. I'm definitely going to get distracted, but I don't care. They were at least 13 students besides me already early. In my last school it's basically a competition to be the last in class or not in class at all. I notice that the classroom is more silent now. Time to actually pay attention.
____________________________________
I've been listening to my new teacher or should I say my new professor for the first 30 minutes of class. And so far I've noticed that he really likes English, but what would u expect? I don't think I could ever get a degree or a profession of something I'm not really passionate about. But then again I tend to be lazy so who knows.

I've noticed that everyone here doesn't really mind being here like they really put effort or tolerate it. Like I know not everyone likes school ,but I can tell they actually do the work. And I find that really honorable.

Soon enough the bell rings and I'm done with my first ever period here.

I've survived for now.

As I get to the cafeteria I notice a lot of people whispering in the halls.

Wierd.

Or is it customary to gossip about the new girl?

As I go through the double doors I'm instantly exposed to laughter blending in with the chatter.

I go to the line and look around.

I notice some students isolated from the rest on their phones.

That's probably going to be me soon, isn't it?

"Hey, you!"

I turn my body to face this kid. He's really pretty in the least wierd way possible. He has dimples which are being showed off to me along with a wide grin. He's so cute.

"Hi I'm Gabrielle, though you can call me Gabe!"
He's so sweet. I offer him a faint smile, and say
"Hello gabe."

I saw how his cheeks quickly get tinted pink. Awwww

"You're new right?"

"Uh huh."

"I'm in 5th grade and I'm 11."

"I thought DeLacour starts at 8th grade though?"

"It does. But I'm here on "business" with my mother."

"So how do u know I'm new?"

"My mom leaves me with a trusted student and the student almost always take me to hang out with their friends."

"Or a secretary. ", he adds

"Oh."

"Yep", he says popping the p

"I hear things.", he says making a face and shuddering at the thought.

This. line. won't. budge.

"So do u have a name ?", he says with a wink.
Again, awwwww

I throw my head back, laughing, "Yeah, you can call me Lanai."

"La-naiiiiii, hm I like it", he says dragging out my name.

"Well, thank you. Bye Gabe.",I say chuckling after paying and getting my food.