Chapter 3: Happy Birthday

Jimin recieves his birthday present from Ironman97 and chaos ensues.

"Jimin, have you ever thought about getting out there?" Jin asks on Saturday morning. Jimin's trying to focus on what his friend is saying, but he's anxiety ridden over the video he sent to Ironman earlier. Maybe he shouldn't have sent it. He hasn't gotten a reply yet...

"Huh?" Jimin looks up at Jin. "Sorry, what were you saying?"

Jin groans. "You're hopeless."

"What? No I'm not." Jimin pouts.

"Why don't you try to date? Or at least make more friends. Namjoon and I are in the same major as you, so it's hard to spend time together."

"I don't need to date. Besides, I have Hoseok too. He asks me to come to parties and stuff." Jimin shrugs.

"He might ask, but do you ever go to them?" Jin questions pointedly.

"Well, no, but—"

"That's exactly my point!" Jin says, exasperatedly. "What about that Jungkook kid? You've been living together for like a year. Why don't you hang out with him?"

Jimin shakes his head at that suggestion. "Jungkook's too..."

"Too what?"

Jimin just shrugs. He doesn't know how to explain it, but Jungkook feels way out of his grasp. Sure, it would be great if they could be friends, but Jimin doesn't see that happening any time soon.

"He's too distant, I guess." Jimin shrugs.

"Well, why don't you try to change that? All it takes it you saying hi to him or asking him how his day was. I mean, you two live in the same apartment for goodness sake." Jin's face is beginning to turn red in frustration. He glances down at his watch. "Look, I've gotta go, but you need to change something about what you're doing, okay?"

Without saying another word or waiting for Jimin to respond, Jin gets up and leaves. Jimin sighs as he watches his friend exit the cafe they had been having breakfast at. He's stressed out about Ironman and the video he sent him, Jin yelled at him all morning, and now he has to pay for breakfast? Like things couldn't get any worse. Jimin sucks it up though, fishing the last twenty dollars from his sad wallet to pay. Then he decides to head back to his apartment. He wants to relax for the rest of the day.

Once he gets home, Jimin heads inside only to bump right into Jungkook, who looks like he's heading out.

"Oh, sorry." Jimin blushes. In the process of running into his roommate, he fell into him and grabbed onto his freshly ironed shirt.

"Whoa, you okay?" Jungkook's hands instinctively wrap around Jimin's waist.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." Jimin nods. The two of them let go of each other before Jimin speaks again. Seeing Jungkook reminds him of something.

"Hey, um, thank you." Jimin says awkwardly.

"For what?"

"For last night. The food, and my pillow and blanket. That was really nice of you." Jimin clears his throat, avoiding meeting Jungkook's eyes.

Jungkook smiles a little at Jimin's shyness. "Don't worry about it. I didn't want you to wake up sore or anything sleeping slumped over like you were." He shrugs. "You should really take better care of yourself, Jimin."

Jimin's heart races curiously at the concern in Jungkook's voice. He's not sure why his body is reacting this way, but he wants it to stop. "I'll try my best." Jimin nods.

"Good." Jungkook pats him on the shoulder. "I'm going out, but I'll see you later." He says, already heading out the door.

"Yeah see you—" The door closes behind Jungkook. "—later..." Jimin trails off. He sighs and heads to his bedroom. Closing his door behind him, Jimin plops down onto his bed.