Story 2: Battle of Mount Nantai

A scene that will be remade, but here is the current version as of now.

"A Desperate Frontal Assault"

This Story contains a soundtrack, and I recommend you play it while reading along.  Try matching the timestamps shown in the text to that of the video given!  Example of a time stamp being (0:30).  The music soundtrack is above the title.

Our situation here for the Battle of Mt. Nantai with an Upper Moon Six and 12 other demons was fierce, I counted around 482 casualties for my U.S. Army Brigade and Demon Slayer Corps Members. This battle on Mount Nantai has lasted for 3 days, and the casualties will rise over the following hours or days. My Brigade is still in good shape, and 5 Hashiras have responded. I saw Tengen, Muichiro, Giyuu, Rengoku, and Sanemi at the scene. We did make progress on securing the summit of this Dormant Volcano but we still have a long way to go before we fully secure it. The demons managed to push us back and secure the summit of this Volcanic Peak for now, but we will plan to retake it by means of a desperate Frontal Assault or Charge.

It is 6 PM as I, Eric Shinzo Hudson being the commander of the United States Army Brigade, talk with Tengen and Rengoku over strategic plans on how we are going to win this battle. We had possibilities of flaking them on the right considering their placement of demons on our left, by Lake Chuzenjiko. The scouts have seen a small gap on the right, only guarded by around 3 demons on that side. We also considered about doing a massive human wave attack at the front of the stratovolcano at the same time we flanked their right. We all agreed that this would be our attempt for the day. "A flashy plan it is Colonel." Tengen replied as he readied his cleavers. "I can see, a good plan it is." Rengoku remarked as I went out to call in the troops.

I play the Bugle Reveille (or wake up) call to my soldiers from the American Civil War. "Listen, we devised a plan to flank and to advance on the front side and right. This may be your last day to live, or to see your family. I want you all to be honored for your cause, and you should never die in vein. You could send your last letters to your family starting now, and I wish you peace." I spoke, as I knew this will have casualties. After they send their letters, we started Day Four of the battle (Start playing When Johnny Comes Marching Home, the song shown at the top and start it at 0:05). As we start the climb to the point, we are marching calmly, ready for whatever will lie ahead as we climbed the steep slope. At this point, we fixed bayonets onto the muzzle of our firearms.

We are 3/4 of the way there to when the first action of Day 4 began. (0:13 in the song for the upcoming scene) On the right flank, a troop noticed one of the three demons and shot him with a Wisteria Bullet, weakening him and causing him to start his transformation procedure that the Bullet does. They reload their Muzzleloading M1861 Springfield Rifled-Musket Guns and they continue advancing. For the front, we fired a volley at the summit, and we managed to wound 2 demons there, however they could still fight. As the Demons unleashed their BDA's at us, most miss. But some hit around six soldiers in the front and 6 on the right and they get wounded, but are treatable (0:22 for this scene). At this point, the demons charge at us so I yelled it.

"CHARGE!" I yelled at my troops and I played the Bugle Charge call. (O:30 in the music video) The soldiers yelled as they charged with their sharp Nichirin Socket Bayonets facing the demon as they lowered their Long Gun into charging position. (0:37 for the song) At this point, the real melee combat begins as we hear Socket Bayonets piece demon necks and BDA's kill a few soldiers. The right flank is still marching, and they manage to wound the other 2 demons still present. After that, they charge too for the summit. (0:48 in the video) At this point, the Hashiras get involved as the rush to the summit and help us attack the Twelve Kizuki Member. The slayers soon get deployed too.

(0:56) The Upper Moon Six gets caught up in the fight, and we manage to stab him around 83 times before he fell to us. A lot of my troops were wounded at the front, with few on our right. I used my Water Breathing Style along with a few of my Union Soldiers who had breathing styles. I was slightly wounded, only having a cut on my arm and on my chest and that is about it. (1:22 in the Youtube instrumental video) After we countered them, we charge to secure and raise the flag on the mountain's summit. There we got rid of the other demons who were there and we won the battle!

(1:39 for the music) The aftermath soon happened as we moved the camp to the summit and we treated the wounded and counted the dead as we cleaned up the mess and sent messaged to the families of the fallen. Their funerals were set and the Hashiras thanked my actions and my tactics involved in winning their victory along with 22 other slayers. (1:56 in YT) We then skip to the scene of me being awarded medals along with other soldiers for their actions in the battle. (2:14) As we regroup with the brigade, we then march in to our next combat sortie. (2:32) And, thats the dream baby!

Battle report conducted by me and the Hashiras:
532 Killed
234 Wounded
12 Missing