6. tea-ing

I wake up to Kacey stumbling over my sleeping body in the early afternoon.

"AHHHH, what the fuck?? Lacie!"

"Huh?"

Groggy and confused I stare back up at the surprised face of my best friend. Her eyes stretched wide as she gapes at me lying on the ground.

"What are you doing lying on the ground?"

I sit up, looking around me. There's a sofa cushion under my head and I'm being covered by the extra blanket we keep on the couch. Did I do this??? Why would I-

Oh shit.

The memories all start flowing back.

Marry me!

Oops.

I groan and fall back down onto the carpet before and scream into the pillow. Kacey watches me above for a second before plopping onto the ground next to me. I scream for a little more before just lying face down on the ground with my face buried between my hands.

She prods me with a well-manicured finger.

"Heyyyyy."

"Go away."

"Heyyyyy Lacieeeeee."

"What?"

"What happened? You can tell me!" She grins.

"Nothing." I sniffle, scooting away from her.

She pokes me again and I turn around the glare at her. She watches me silently, waiting for an answer. I want to tell her, I really do, but at the same time its so damn embarrassing. I asked Ryden to marry me! And he kind of agreed?

Wait...he kind of agreed?

"I asked Ryden to marry me." I blurt out.

Kacey starts laughing, "That's a good joke babe."

I roll my eyes waiting for her to stop laughing.

"I'm not joking Kacey, I asked him to marry me and he almost said yes."

She stops laughing and stares at me, jaw on the floor. "What the fuck?? My cat almost dies, and then it turns out he was just a fat ass and ate some raw dough with yeast in it so the damn thing just kept on growing in him and he shit everywhere. But I still have to stay with the little glut until he's let out of the very because Reese has 'important' meetings."

She takes in a deep breath, "And then I finally come home after a day of dressing up my best friend and I, going to some boring ass party, and staying up all night with my stupid cat. And I come home to trip over my best friend who tries to marry the person I stopped her from marrying in the first place?"

"Yeah...you get the gist." I say guiltily.

"LACIE WHAT THE FUCK? HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN." She sounds both flabbergast, exasperated, and like she's trying to hold back the shit-eating grin that I just know is about to spread across her face.

"You know," she bends down and grabs my face, squeezing my cheeks so that my lips pucker out, "out of all my friends, I never imagined you would be the problem child. She lets go of my cheeks and pats my face lightly before reaching out a hand to help heave me up.

We walk over to the kitchen hand in hand and I sit down on a wooden chair as she pulls out some mugs from the cupboard and begins to brew some tea.

She slides me a steaming cup and smirks, "Well? Spill sis."

__

Sitting at the table with our now cold cups of tea, Kacey stares at me with a mixture of delight and pity.