CHAPTER 17 : FIRST TOUCH

Note : If you like listen to Oceans and Engines while reading this chapter.

____________________

Mina's POV

"Chaeyoungie~" I said and run towards her. I hugged her super tight because I missed her. We didn't see each other for three straight days because of my busy schedule.

"Missed me that much, Minari?" She said as she reciprocates the hug and I just nod in response.

I hug her tighter because I feel so uneasy. Something's bothering me lately and I can't figure out what is it.

"Is there something wrong Mina?" She asks me without breaking the hug.

"Nothing, I just missed you"

"Is that so?" She hugs me tighter. "I missed you more" She whispers. Seconds later, she breaks our body contact. She holds my face with her two hands and asks.

"What do you want to do now? Hmm? Do you want to go somewhere else?"

"Yes! I want to play today. Can we go to the arcade?" I ask her.

"Are you sure? There are a lot of people in that place"

"I'm sure and besides you're with me therefore there's nothing bad will happen to me"

"You trust me that much huh?" She said and holds my hand. "Let's go?"

"Let's go!"

At TWICELANDIA

We're now on our way to the arcade. She still holding my hand and I swear I will not wash my hand after this.

I feel uncomfortable because people were looking at us like we were doing something wrong. People nowadays are very judgmental.

"Any problem?" Chaeyoung asks squeezing my hand.

"Nothing. People here are weird" I said.

"Don't mind them" She smiles and drags me inside the arcade.

We tried to play almost all that we can play inside the arcade and I always win against her! Or she just lets me win? Whatever.

After we play the last game on our list, we decided to take a break somewhere and buy something to eat.
We sit outside a coffee shop because there are a lot of people inside. Good thing we are the only people here outside.

"Minari, I need to go to the comfort room for a while" Chaeyoung said and stands up.

"Okay, then I'll order for us" I said and we both enter the coffee shop.

She goes to the comfort room while I walk to the counter. After I ordered our food, Chaeyoung is still not there. Maybe there was a queue inside so I went back to our table outside.

A customer comes after me. I thought he will just look if there was a vacant table outside but I was surprised to see him sitting in front of me.

"Hello, Miss, good evening" He greets me.

"What do you need?" I sternly ask. Chaeyoung come faster please.

"Why are you alone here? Do you want a company? I can be for you" He said then hold my hand on the table. I immediately remove my hand away and stand up.

"No, I don't need it. I have company and she's inside" I said nervously.

He stands up and walks toward me with a creepy grin on his face. My knees are shaking. Chaeng where are you?

"You know" He says and caresses my arm gently like a feather upwards until it reaches my face. "You are very beautiful. You are like a goddess. It's a waste if I will let you go that easily" He whispers in my ear.

I can't move any muscle in my body because of fear. I'm terrified and there's no Chaeyoung around.

He slid her free hand onto my waist and close the gap between our faces and that's the time I manage to close my eyes and scream.

"CHAEYOUNG!!!"

I shout with all my might and I'm sure even the people inside the coffee shop can hear it.
And just like a flash, when I opened my eyes, the guy is already lying on the ground with a busted lip.

I was shocked it happens too fast then someone grabs my wrist and pulls me. It's Chaeyoung.

"C-Chaeyoung" I stutter almost crying.

"Let's go" She sternly says and drags me away.

We run until we reach a big garden. A beautiful garden with romantic lights around and there's a part where you can see the city lights.

"Are you okay Minari?" Chaeyoung asks me with a worried look.

I look at her and just buried my face in the crook of her neck. I hug her tight and cry because I was terrified a while ago.

"I'm sorry, It's my fault. I shouldn't have left you. I'm sorry" She said and hugs me tighter.

We stayed in that position for almost five minutes. She hugs me tight, stroking my back gently to calm me down.

"Minari" She uttered

"You want to hear a poem?" She asks me.

I break our hug and look at her and nods in response.

She holds my face and wipes my tears using her thumbs.

"I wrote this poem for you, Mina so I hope you like it" She said and smiles at me. She then holds my hands and kisses them.

[Author's Note: I wrote this poem. It's an original work. I didn't get it from the internet]

She looks at me with so much love in her eyes then she starts to recite her poem for me.

"Mina, I want you to know that.

In you, I find my solace,
You're my peaceful haven, a sacred palace.
Where worries fade and troubles cease,
In you, I finally found my missing piece"

[She said full of emotions and sincerity]

"The serenity that soothes my soul,
A gentle balm that makes me whole.
Amidst the chaos of everyday life,
You, my solace bring me back to center, rife"

[She tightens her grip on my hands and tears are gradually forming in her eyes]

"With clarity and a sense of grace,
Each breath I take is a warm embrace.
In moments of doubt and despair,
You, my solace, my constant, always there"

[She said then she tiptoe a bit and kisses my forehead]

"So in this space, I call my own,
I find the peace I've ever known.
And though the world may spin and turn,
You, my solace, are what I always yearn"

She finishes her heartwarming message and kisses the tip of my nose.

"The title of the poem is Solace. You Mina, are my solace."

"Minari.."

I was shocked by what she said but her next move made me dumbfounded and a statue.

She gives me a peck on my lips! I don't know what should I feel right now. I can feel a lot of butterflies flying inside my stomach. What's this? I think my heart and brain stop to function properly.

I don't know what she feels about me but I don't care. I will tell her how I feel towards her. I will confess my feelings and that's my final decision.
I don't want to assume unless stated.

I will do it when she gets to meet my unnie.
A night to remember indeed.