chapter 9 : enchanted

Days passed and Taehyun was feeling okay again. They were sitting on Taehyun's balcony working on their already dried flowers.
"How come you never break them? It's so fragile."
"You have to be really careful with it. Look how beautifully Taelia turned out."
"That name still gives me some weird itching."
"What? Why?"
"Probably because of what you said to me while naming it."
"What? That it's pretty like you?" he said as he smirked.
"Maybe."
"Hmmm... this is finished. So. Now. What would you like to do today?"
"Maybe we could take horses and go somewhere?"
"What exactly means somewhere?"
"I know a place."
"Okay, I'm in."
"Nice. Let's meet at the stables in 10 minutes? I will go get some food for us now."
"Sounds good."

Ten minutes passed by and boys were already leaving the castle. At first they were quiet because there is sometimes this awkward silence between them.
"Will you tell me where are we going?"
"It's a place where my parents and I used to spend a lot of time when I was little."
"Oh... is it like a cottage or something?"
"Yes, it's a small cottage."
"I see. Is it far away?"
"We have to go through the forest, then there's a meadow."
"And why did you decide to take me there? Like... doesn't it make you sad like the greenhouse?"
"No, it's fine. My parents nearly always allow me to go out with my horse and I lie to them about where I'm going, most of the times it's the cottage. It's so peaceful there and the memories..."
"Wow, a little rebel."
"Phh..."
"Tell me Taehyun, what was your reaction when you found out that I'm going to stay here for the whole summer?"
"Well... I was a bit nervous at first because I didn't know you much before. Also, my parents kept describing you as a devil so that was a bit concerning. But I was also excited because I saw it as an opportunity to make a friend."
"As a devil?"
"That you're mean, you misbehave a lot..."
"That's their definition of devil?"
"I guess so. To me you're an angel."
"That's so sweet. Thanks."
"No problem. Are you also starting to sweat? It's so hot today."
"Yeah, well there is a river over there."
"If we go along that river we will pump into a pond. We can go there with the horses."
"Okay, let's race."
"Race? Why?"
"The real question is why not? Last one there is a rotten egg!"
"Hey!"
Beomgyu started a bit earlier and Taehyun found that unfair so he decided to go at full speed. Beomgyu was almost there when he turned to see where's Taehyun but Taehyun just flashed in front of his eyes.
"Damn, he's fast. Come on girl, let's be faster!"
He was so carried away by his goal of being faster than Taehyun that his horse ran TOO fast and when they were both finally by the pond Beomgyu flew away from the horse's back and fell right in the pond.

 Come on girl, let's be faster!"He was so carried away by his goal of being faster than Taehyun that his horse ran TOO fast and when they were both finally by the pond Beomgyu flew away from the horse's back and fell right in the pond

"Waaaaaahahhhh!"
Taehyun quickly got off of his horse and jumped after Beomgyu.
"Are you alright?! Beomgyu!"
"Yes! I'm fine. Fuck... that scared me."
"You dumbass, I almost had a heart attack! Are you really okay?"
Instead of a normal reply Beomgyu splashed on Taehyun and laughed.
"YOU LITTLE!"
They started 'fighting' in the water by splashing water at each other and drowning one another.
"What about another race?"
"ANOTHER RACE? NO?"
"In the water! It will be fun."
"Okay where is the finish?"
"What about that willow?"
"Okay then."
"Good. 3, 2, 1 Go!"