Chapter 2

"Crawford" Shawzy says and throws one of his gloves at him.

"What Shawzy?" Corey Crawford asks him. He was snap out of his thinking mode.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing"

"You sure?"

"Yeah Shawzy"

"Come on boys on the ice." Coach Q yells at them and Shawzy goes back over to his stall and grabs his helmet.

Crawford puts his mask on before putting his blocker and catcher glove on. He grabs his goalie stick and heads out to the ice.

He joins the rest of the team who were skating around the ice for their warm up skate. After they all disperse, he heads over to the goalie crease and skates back and forth in it. Making little skate marks in the ice.

He turns around and see the boys skate around getting, ready for the drills coach Q was going to tell them to do on him. He gets ready and gets into position as they start by shooting.

After practice he goes back into the locker room and over to his stall, which is in a different room from the rest of the team. Normal in the room if would be him and his back up goalie but lately he wasn't been coming.

"Hey Crow, can I talk to you for a second in my office?" Coach Q asks him.

Corey looks up and sees him standing there in front of him. "Sure Q" he says and stands up. He follows him to Q's office and goes inside, still mostly dress. "What's on your mind Q?"

"Well me and the others were talking and we want to get a new back up goalie." Q says to him.

"Okay" he says wondering if he could make a suggestion on who to get but it probably wouldn't work. He figured they would get one of the Rockford goalies like Darling or Raanta.

"That's all for right now." Q says.

Corey shakes his head yes before leaving Q's office. He heads back to his stall and finishes changing out of equipment and into his normal clothes that he came in. As he changes, he thinks about that girl goalie he saw a earlier that day at that rink. And his face shows it.

"Everything okay Crow?" Toews asks him.

"Yeah Tazer I'm fine, just thinking." He replies to Toews.

"What about?"

"I saw this goalie at the rink. Oh, he was amazing, he reminded me of when I play. The same style and everything."

"Really? He's that good?"

"Yeah I even took a video of he when they were doing scrimmage."

"Can I see it?"

He nods and grabs his phone from his pocket. He turns it on and pulls up the video for Toews. He hands him the phone and Toews watches the video, looking very impress as he watches it.

"That's amazing. " Toews says in a very impress voice of what he just saw. He hands Crawford his phone back.

"Yep, that is." Crawford says, turning his phone off and putting it in his pocket.

"You have to show Q that."

"Why?" He knew why but still asks.

"We need a new back up goalie and he would be perfect for the job. Heck you two would be more co-goalies with how you two play. Q would have no trouble letting you not playing a night if she was our back up." Then all the sudden Toews left the room. Crawford sighs as he grabs his water bottle. He turns around to see Toews and Q standing there.

"Tazer said you had something that I should see?" Q asks him.

He looks at Toews and Toews gives him the 'show him the video' look. He then pulls his phone out and turns it on. He pulls the video up and hands his phone to Q. "This is what I want to show you." He presses the play button and let Q watch the video.

"He stopped that peanut butter shot with amazing skill after being in a butterfly save position." Q says amaze at the video and keeps watching it. At the end of the video he hands Crawford his phone back and looks at him. "Who was that? Where did you find them?"

"No clue, I was at the rink when saw him at the rink." Crawford says, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"We need to find out that his name is and what teams he's on. I definitely want him as your back up. If he's really that good in a game I'll even try to split the next season between you two."

"I'll find out coach for you."

"Thanks Crow, tell me when you find stuff."

"Yes Q."

Q walks out of the room and Toews follows him out. Now Crawford mission was to find out who that goalie was and who he played for.