0. Introduction

THIS FIRST PART WILL FOLLOW SEASON 1 OF THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY

---

On the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual in the fact that none of these woman had been pregnant when the day first began.

The eccentric billionaire and adventurer Sir Reginald Hargreeves adopted as many of the children as possible, when they were only days old. He ended up getting seven of them and trained them into saving the world, called them The Umbrella Academy.

The Umbrella Academy is a team of crime-fighters who is wearing domino masks when they were on missions.

The Umbrella Academy was the finest crime fighting forces in the city and they became famous. They were always on covers on magazines.

Each of the siblings have abilities. Abilities that young children dream of when they watch the superhero movies.

Some would say they're lucky, they have a gift that most people would kill for. But the kids didn't feel lucky, from the day they learned how to walk, they were trained to be crime stopping heroes. Saving the day like any other superhero.

The Umbrella Academy was a super dysfunctional family.

But Reginald was not a nice dad, he never took care of the siblings or loved them. They were taking care of by a robot woman who they called mom. He adopted them yeah, but instead of treating them as his children, he treated them like they were lab rats on his little experiment. He only had them because of their abilities.

He would make them train against each other from six a.m. to noon. At noon, they got thirty minute lunch break. After that, it was training again until dinner time. He used to put these sticky things on their temples when they were sleeping. Put up small camera at their beds too, and he monitored them when they were asleep.

Reginald emotionally abused the siblings.

At the age of 13, all the kids got the Academy's log tattooed on their left waist. It was a black umbrella in a circle. It was like he branded them.

The siblings called each other by the names they were giving by their robot mother, Grace, but their dad called them by the numbers he gave them.

The numbers the children were assigned determine an unspoken rank, with One being the best and Seven the least desirable.

Number One: Luther Hargreeves, Spaceboy. His abilities is super strength. He is kinda like superman, but aim much lower. He is more dumber, plus he is a daddy's boy.

Luther was groomed by his father from an early age to be the leader of The Umbrella Academy, a responsibility that has always weighed heavily on him. He is resilient, a workaholic and possesses the ability of heightened physical strength. Upstanding to a fault, Luther always tries to do the right thing, even if that means putting others before himself.