Leo x Reader

Since I had arrived at camp, I had always avoided Leo Valdez. He made my stomach summersault when he was within a foot of me, and I hated the feeling. I hadn't even properly met him. I discovered things about him through the many gossips of his fan club. I always believed he was out of league for me. There was no way he would like me with all the girls after him. Therefore I kept my distance so I didn't fall any harder.

However, when I discovered that he still didn't have a date the day before the summer ball, I decided to shoot my shot.

♬°⋆٩( *˙0˙*)۶⋆°♬

"Hey, you're Leo, right?" I nervously asked him.

I was already regretting coming up to him in the first place, especially when he passed a hand through his curly brown hair.

"Yep," he dropped the sword he was working on and turned towards me. His huge grin melted me on the spot, and I froze.

A few seconds passed, and he brushed himself off. He looked back at me and I still was stuck.

"Hello, earth to Y/n," he waved his hand in front of me.

That snapped me out of my daze.

"You know my name!" I exclaimed, my smile growing wide. I realised how weird that was and rested my elbow on something "I mean that's cool, that's nothing important."

He chuckled at me and I just laughed along, my cheeks turning a deep shade of crimson.

"So what is it?" he asked, his hand going back through his hair.

"Uhm, I can't seem to remember which is why I froze I was trying to remember, it's not important anyway," I gave a wave of dismal, internally screaming at myself. "Nice meeting you. I'll leave you to what you're doing!" I turned around, but he grabbed my wrist to turn me back around.

My eyes widened, and I gave an awkward smile.

"Just tell me, now I'm dying to know!" he teased.

"Uhm, would you like to go to the dance with me," I mumbled.

He frowned and let got of me. " What was that?"

"Uhm, who's the sword for?" I blurted out, clasping my clammy hands together.

"Don't know yet," he shrugged.

I darted away, and he just shrugged, wondering what that was about. He got back to working on the sword.

I grimaced and repeated 'stupid' in my head, only to bump into s/n.

" So what did he reply?" they asked.

"Not important," I answered, biting my lip.

"He said no?" They rose their arms around me, going in for a hug.

"No" I darted my eyes around, not meeting their eyes. If they knew I had back down that would just make me look like a fool.

They put their hands down quickly. "He said yes!" Excitement filled their voice.

"No" I sighed.

"Then what did he say?" they tilted their head.

"Nothing!" I insisted

They raised their eyebrows at me and headed towards bunker nine. I turned around to look at them

"What you doing?" I asked wide-eyed.

"Asking him his answer" they shouted out without looking back.

"What— No!" I broke out into a run after them.